Sixty Seven

Sana walked back inside and plopped down on the sofa in the living room, lying down on it and taking the cushion in her hands and hugging it to her chest. She closed her eyes and sighed. Sidharth may not have said it, but the worry and the concern he had for her in his eyes, it wa obvious.

"Par Babaji, mai kuch bura honay hi nahi doongi na" she slowly opened her eyes looking up at the Sky.

What Sidharth or Akshay didn't know was that Sana had a mind of her own. Two days ago when Akshay landed up in Mumbai and called her, it had really ticked her off and taken her by surprise. She wasn't expecting him to land here and neither was she expecting a lot of other things that had happened.

"I know Babaji, ghussa tou Sidharth tab bohat hua tha jab mene Akshay se jaa kar milne ki zidd kit hi, par wo bhi tou karna zaroori tha na. Mere agle kadam uthaane se pehle ek baari, mujhe uss k saamne beth kar usko ye sab bolna hi tha. Aur raat ko, jab Sidharth ne bola, that he's proud od me for standing my ground..it ..it meant everything" her eyes teared up as she smiled looking at the ceiling.

"I'm so happy that despite his anger, he understood my decision to go meet him. Mujhe har haal mai wo karna hi tha, isey pele k mai wo kar saku jo mujhe ab karna hai" she said seriously, quickly wiping her eyes and sitting up.

"Sidharth, bebu, aap meri jaan ho, aap bas jaldi jaldi wapis ajao teen din baad aur mai sachi aapko khush khabri hi doongi, kyunki aapki Sana ab kuch ghalat nahi honay de gi" she smiled as she kept her hand on her chest and smiled, slowly rubbing her chest.

What Sidharth wasn't aware of, was that two nights ago when Akshay had called her up and insisted her to meet him and gone as far as blackmailing her to meet her, she had lost her mind. So when he had called her up again at his mother's place, something had struck inside her.

"Haan bol" she rolled her eyes.
"Wo..Sanu tu ne ab tak bataya nahi na..do ghante ho gaye they..tou mene socha khudi pooch loon" he had said softly.
Sana's eyes were constantly flickering to the door to look for him and then to the floor thinking what she should do.
"Sanu..tu hai call par?" he spoke after a silence.
She was so nervous and so fed up with all of this. She held her forehead with her fingers and opened her mouth to answer but nothing came out. She closed her eyes and thought of everything. Everything that he had been putting her through all these months, despite her reluctance and refusal. Sana realized something in that moment, something that she hadn't thought of earlier. She opened her eyes and answered
"Haan mai aa jaungi milne . jaga aur time message kar doongi. Bye. Ab dubara phone mat karna" she said in one breath and cut the call.
She quickly released a breath she was holding and rubbed her chest. She caught herself and walked out of the room, just when she went out Sidharth was walking towards her.

"Sidharth mai" she opened her mouth but he quickly grabbed her hand and took her back in the room closing and locking the door behind him.

*******

Sana thought of that evening and then looked at her phone.

"Babaji, sach kahu tou mene sapne mai bhi ye nahi socha tha k wo manhoos yahan khud hi tapak paray ga, par ja..usne aa kar aisay phone kiya aur aisay dhamkaya, mera tou dimagh hi ghoom gaya. Shaam ko uski call jab dubara aayi tou mene socha k ...pehle tou uska yahan khud chale aana, aur phir mujhe phone pe baat nahi balke milne par zor dena? Mai samajh gayi thi babaji k uske peeche iska koi aur chakar hai..aur issi liye mene soch liya k mai milungi khud jaa kar usey dekhu gi kya bolta hai, aur wohi hua na babaji? Usne phir wohi bakwaas ki aur mere sab doubts khudi clear kar daale. Bas ab, uske yahan se Janay ka intezaar tha mujhe" she spoke gritting her teeth and opened her phone screen up.

She dialed up a number and sat back, biting slowly on her lower lip in nervousness. Sana could hear her heart beating loudly, filling up the silence in the otherwise quiet living room. The call with Akshay that day, had answered all her doubts and confirmed what she had been thinking and so she had to do this now. She would make sure that she lives up to her word to him. she would make everything okay. She just had to do this.