Genderbend Au: Teddy Bear

Wisteria breathed heavily, cold sweat covering her face as she stared across the bedroom. The large digital numbers read "1:28."

It'd been hours so far, but she couldn't manage to fall asleep, not even with the teddy bear in her hand or her wife's body enveloping hers.

The room was completely silent, only disrupted by occasional distant rumbles of a passing car or the soft rustle of leaves outside the window. Wisteria glanced at her wife, sound asleep beside her, and envied the serenity that surrounded her as she slept.

Rolling onto her back, she gaped at the ceiling, each passing minute feeling like an eternity. The urge to wake up her wife was high, but at the same time, she didn't want to bother her. Even if she did wake her up, what was she supposed to tell Violetta?

Wisteria sighed and gripped the teddy bear she held tightly, trying to enjoy the warmth of her wife despite her cold restlessness. She felt so tired, but every time her eyelids closed, she couldn't manage to slip into slumber. In a way, it was quite annoying.

She rolled back onto her side, ignoring her mind's pleas to wake the other woman up. Wisteria would just have to face her burdens alone tonight.