Hell/Heaven Au: Kiss

William's eyes traveled across the golden horizon in front of them, his legs were heavy with soreness, and his eyes drooped in tiredness. They had been traveling for a while now, and he couldn't wait to stop and rest.

...

"Let's take a break here, the rush should be way behind us now." Vincent suddenly spoke as if on cue, nudging his shoulder.

He sighed in relief, "..Finally, I'm exhausted." William groaned, instantly dropping the heavy baggage on his back to the ground.

Vincent chuckled and dropped his supply backpack as well, curling down to rest on the soft valley grass. "I could say the same." He smiled softly, watching the dawn in the distance.

William nodded and lounged back onto the grass, the soreness in his legs fading away quite a bit.

....

As they now relaxed there together, William couldn't help but steal glances at Vincent beside him. Despite the exhaustion weighing heavily on them both, there was a certain peace in this moment, just the two of them among the tranquil beauty of the valley.

They often took breaks, to lay in the grass and to re-energize their legs to just do more walking, but it was nice. And even despite their small arguments, it was fun to lounge next to him and talk.

Vincent turned his head, catching William's gaze, and a smile tugged at the corners of his lips. Without a word, he leaned closer, their shoulders brushing gently against each other.

But William playfully pushed him away, giggling in his embrace. "What are you doing???" He grinned.

"Something I've been meaning to do.." Vincent's brow furrowed, he didn't dare to break eye contact, grabbing William's scarf to pull him closer.

William's eyes widened at the sudden movement, but he struggled to pull away; he could even feel his breath on his cheeks, too close for comfort. "Vince?-" He muttered in a confused state.

But without another word, another sound, or even another warning, their lips touched.