Furry Au: Garden

William lounged on his sofa, his body sinking down into the comfortable couch cushions. His eyes were directed to the television that lay in front of him, playing some sort of horror show.

He sunk lazily, he could feel the boredom burning into him. There was nothing interesting he could do, and his kids were at his ex-wife's house; hanging out there until next weekend.

William leaned over the coffee table and grabbed the remote, pressing the off button. Maybe he could go cook something, he hadn't eaten anything since yesterday morning. He knew it was bad to barely eat, but he tried to look as skinny as possible... even though Vincent said he'd prefer if William was all cute and chubby.

But never mind that. He was just a friend so why would William care?

The black-haired man heaved himself up from the sofa; about to step into his kitchen until three knocks at his front door made him jerk his head.

He sighed and made a small pace toward the door, looking through the peephole to meet the familiar face of one of his best friends.

Quickly unlocking the door, he greeted Vincent with a smile. "Hey! What are you doing here?" His high-pitched voice peeped, his round and innocent amber eyes looking up at the blonde in excitement.

Vincent grinned, stepping into Afton's house. "I thought I would stop by, you were complaining how lonely you were in our texts anyway." He laughed, pulling the cell phone out of his pocket before tossing it on the couch.

"Mm.. you make my days so much better," William murmured sarcastically, crossing his arms.

Vincent laughed again but a bit louder, edging his body closer to William's.

"Well, have you eaten anything yet? I was just about to cook something." Afton asked the taller man, taking his hand and heading back to the kitchen.

"Nope, what are you going to cook?" He grinned enthusiastically, watching William take some pots and spices out.

William shrugged, "Buttermilk tenders probably, but it'll take a while to bake so we can go do something together in the meantime."

Vincent shook his head, "What do we do in the meantime then?"

"I'm not sure..? Maybe we could check out my garden, I could teach you some things about it." He suggested, taking out the frozen chicken tenders from the fridge.

"Sounds fun." He chuckled, leaning against the kitchen counter; resting his eyes as he waited for the rabbit to be finished.

୨♡୧

After putting the seasoned chicken in the oven, they headed outside to William's backyard, discussing what they would do.

"We can plant some petunias? It would match your eyes." William grinned cheekily, his gaze diverting to Vincent's lavender-colored eyes.

Vincent felt a blush creep onto his cheeks, "Sure, why not?"

Afton bit his lip and reached for the specific flower seeds, pouring some into Vincent's hand.

"Just bury them in the soil and use the water can next to your lap, it's not that hard of course." He ordered, watching Vincent dig a hole to put the seeds in.

"Then what's the hard part?" Vincent asked, patting the dirt over the seeds.

"Remembering to water them every single day." He snorted, "I forget a lot, so I'm kinda having them die on me." He confessed embarrassedly.

Vincent nodded, finally pouring the water can on the newly planted seeds.

William noticed he finished and crouched down, inspecting the wilting flowers next to it.

Vincent leaned down as well, almost right on top of William. "So, is there any way you can revive a dead flower?" He whispered in a curious state, making sure William didn't notice how he etched closer.

William shook his head, "Sadly no, they just die, you know, permanently." He rolled his eyes, wondering why he would ask such a stupid question.

"Oh."