Yandere Au: Waffles

A crisp and saccharine smell filled the quiet attic, while the rising dawn sun illuminated its rays into the circumambient. As said, barely any sounds filled the upper space, only William's soft and peaceful breathing did. He had just woken up and groggily stared around at the now familiar surrounding area. Even though his eyes still felt heavy after all the rest he had gotten last night, his stomach growled angrily; keeping him awake.

What didn't help was the distinct smell of cooking, a very sweet mix of batter and syrup scent. It fueled his hunger more, so he hopped out of the bed he had laid in previously and sneaked over to the attic's door. Standing on his tiptoes, William peeped one of his eyes through the small pocket hole. Nonetheless, a blonde man carrying a plate of waffles was walking up to the door, grabbing a key out of his pocket to unlock it and enter.

William became excited fleetly, dashing off to the bed and listening to the keys jangle as the door unlocked, and in came the man. Vincent had a grin that spread ear to ear, placing the plate of food down for William. "Here! I'm sorry if it's burnt a little on the bottom-, I really didn't mean to.." He murmured, wincing when William lifted the waffle up and gaped at the black side of it.

"Syrup?" He chirped, sensing the blonde wrap his hands around his waist and pull William onto his lap.

"Mm, yes sorry-, here you go." Vincent anxiously pulled the syrup from the table and poured it onto the breakfast he made, kissing William's cheek. William peeped a little smile and struggled to hide it, shuffling on Vincent's lap before taking the knife and cutting the waffle into three.

He dipped the fork into it and ate a little piece, beside the burnt underside, it was actually pretty good. William took another bite out of it and sincerely enjoyed it, his eyes squinting in contempt as he felt Vincent pat his head fondly. He smiled and leaned into his touch, after a couple of months now, their relationship wasn't really that bad. Vincent wasn't really that bad.

Despite being insane, and clearly having mental illnesses, the blonde was really sweet to him. Too sweet in fact sometimes, to the point he wondered if he was in reality or a dream. It really did feel like a fever dream, feeling the enormous guilt of falling in love with his captor. He really didn't know what to feel anymore though, angry at him because he kidnapped him, sad because he's locked him in an attic for so long now, or in love and to just comply with him, for the sake of his own wellbeing.

Even though Vincent showed his love in an inhumane way (killing people), it wasn't his fault, William could easily understand that. He was just crazed with no other way to show his feelings. And he couldn't blame Vincent for locking the attic, William would obviously run away the moment it wasn't.

Ever since William complied with him, Vincent was the happiest he'd ever seen him. Cooking William meals almost every hour and saying how much he loved him and would give up his life for Afton. It surprised William but it also didn't and seeing Vincent in pain actually hurt him somewhere deep inside. He didn't really understand why, only coming to the conclusion that he had developed feelings for this man. Which didn't upset William, in fact, he just decided to go on with it and accept this twisted love.

After all, even a simple 'I love you' could change Vincent's day, and William loved that.