Arcane Au: Moldy

♡ Warnings!: Slight gore ♡

~~~

"You said this game was called agoraphobia?" William questioned, flicking his watch.

Vincent gripped William's waist, dragging him closer. "Yes, why do you ask?"

"What's it mean? What's this game even about?" William huffed. Vincent tilted his head to ponder for a moment, "It means the fear of infinity."

William looked up confused for a couple of moments. "Who's scared of that?.."

"That's where the prompt of the game comes in." Vincent chuckled and patted Will's head. Getting the teleport ready. William held onto Vincent's upper arm as he felt his hand cradle his waist. Looking up for a moment before they were teleported successfully.

...

Afton awoke on a moldy and moist carpet, quickly cringing as he smelt the old stench of the place he was in. He arose to his feet, his eyes darted all over the place for any signs of moving.

William gasped, "Vince?" He shouted, but nothing replied. Where was his friend? Surely wasn't far. Vincent wouldn't just leave him here.

"Vince! Vincent! Vincent!? Vincent.." William yelled out aimlessly, examining his surroundings.

The place had old and moldy moist carpet, with the madness of mono-yellow, and the endless background noise of fluorescent lights at maximum hum-buzz.

It gave a sense of unease, sending goosebumps down William's arms. In a way, there was this feeling. This fun feeling, an adventure feeling. Something that drove William forward despite the complete unknowingness of the man.

Only then did he realize a handbook in his hand, William hastily opened it up. Dragging his gaze through the directions.

[Step 1. Do not panic, panicking will cause you to lose your senses and make noise. Which will attract unwanted visitors.]

Unwanted visitors? Did Vincent choose another horror game, William growled to himself. Continuing to read the manual.

[Step 2. Make a mental note of your surroundings, and determine which Level you've landed in.

Step 3. Accept the backrooms as your new home, because there is possibly no way out.

Step 4. Stay here, as attempting to escape will most likely lead to more dangerous levels. There are no exits from the Backrooms, and it is difficult to even attempt to find one, as you must pass through many dangerous levels and unlikely occurrences.]

William began to feel his chest swell, with his heartbeat racing as he read. No way out? Impossible, yet where the hell is Vincent... Afton panicked to himself, backing up into a corner.

After feeling a little safer, Afton continued reading. Turning to the last page that had a bright yellow symbol on it with the number one.

[ Level 000]

Survival Difficulty:
Class 1
«»
·Safe

·Secure

·Minimal Entity Count

Description:
Level 0 is a non-linear space, resembling the back rooms of a retail outlet. Similar to its previous form, all rooms in Level 0 appear uniform and share superficial features such as yellowed wallpaper, damp carpet, and inconsistently placed fluorescent lighting. However, no two rooms within the level are identical.

The installed lighting flickers inconsistently and hums at a constant frequency. This buzzing is notably louder and more obtrusive than ordinary fluorescent humming, and examination of the fixtures to determine the source has been inconclusive. The substance saturating the carpet cannot be consistently identified. It is not water, nor is it safe to consume.

Rooms with red wallpaper and dim lighting appear very rarely. These should not be approached or entered.

Entities:
No entities are known to exist within the level, including other humans. If you see, hear, or encounter what you believe to be another wanderer, it is not a human.

William sighed, furrowing his brow. Where the fuck is he...

His only goal at the moment was to avoid any attention from what might be down here and find Vincent.

Right, that's simple?.. Afton heaved himself up, taking a few steps forward before stopping.

A wide smile spread on his face as he heard brief faint yells of his name being called, recognizing the voice quickly.

"Vince! Vince! I'm over here Vince!" William grinned happily, throwing the handbook to the floor before running to find where the yelling came from.

Moment of silence.

...

"William?" Vincent uttered to himself, starting to worry as he couldn't find him.

He walked through the endless halls of mono-yellow fabric, taking a deep breath. "William!" Vincent began to become scared, he thought he heard William but his boyfriend was nowhere to be found.

"No no no.." He panicked, picking up his pace. Though there was only the bare stamina the human had and soon he ran out of breath.

"W-Will....?" He stammered due to being out of breath, looking around briefly. Maybe he should rest for a little.

But then what if something bad happens to William, he needs to protect him. Or something bad has already happened, no. No, it's been only a few minutes after they joined the game. He shouldn't be hurt.

Vincent gasped, hearing loud and sudden sobbing noises from behind him. "Will-?!"

His yell was quickly cut off, and claws raked his back. Making him cripple to the ground in absolute pain.

The Entity let out a menacing growl, raking Vincent's leg dramatically.

Just then, a whistle was heard. The Entity looked up and got distracted from Vincent, running in the direction of what it thought was the whistle.

..

A young teenager ran up to Vincent, none other than William. "Oh, Vincent! Vincent! Hold in there!"

William panicked, feeling nervous sweat drop from his forehead as he untied his belt. Afton secured his belt tightly around Vincent's bleeding calf, clipping it on.

Vincent clamped the moist old carpet with his fingers, closing his eyes against the unbearable pain.

He felt William try to carry him desperately, tripping almost at Vincent's weight.

Vincent breathed desperately, moaning as William's hands gripped his bleeding back.

"I-I'm sorry!" William whispered heartbroken, placing Vincent down in a dark corner. "H-How do you feel?" He questioned as he checked Vincent's leg again, relieved the bleeding stopped.

"M-m... i-isera-able.." Vincent groaned in pain, holding on tightly to William's shoulders. William gulped, hearing pattering from behind him. He snapped his head around quickly.

The Entity was right behind them, and they were cornered.