Past Au: Weakness

♡ Highschool Timeline ♡

~~~

Vincent grimaced in pain as a soccer ball collided with the side of his face, his eyes glazed over with confusion yet annoyance, looking up to see a group of kids. "Watch it, dork." They pushed past him, rolling their eyes.

Vincent sighed and slammed his locker, spotting William running up to him in panic.

Great, now he's going to get a four hour lecture.

...

"You idiot! Why didn't you beat them up??" William puffed his cheeks up in vexation, cupping Vincent's face as they sat in the nurse's office.

"William.. I can't just beat them up because they threw a ball to my face.. and anyway, there were about five of them. I can't beat up five kids." Vincent cupped William's face back, tugging at his cheeks.

"Still.. I don't like how everyone bullies you." William mumbled, "You have this big bruise on your face now.. because of a bunch of morons.."

"It's fine really, it'll heal." He reassured him.

"That doesn't change anything." William shook his head, wringing a tube of antibacterial cream on the tip of his fingers before dotting it around Vincent's bruise.

"We should head back home now, school's about to end." Vincent pointed to the clock that hung on the wall, standing up from the hospital cot.

William nodded before his eyes broadened, "Wait, I know something that'll make it feel better!" He squeaked happily.

"Hm?" Vincent raised an eyebrow as William neared their faces together.

William took a deep inhale before standing on his tiptoes, kissing the bruise on Vincent's cheek. "There, all healed now." He giggled.

Vincent kissed William's cheek in return, ruffling his hair. An unspoken tension between the two arose but in distance, knowing exactly what they were thinking in each other's mind, but neither dared to peep a word about it.