TJ Au: Cold

(Short explanation: TJ is Tom and Jerry for short, pretty much Vincent is the Tom and William is Jerry. Not complicated. Now they're not actually like animals, they have animal ears, a tail and a lil animal nose, and Vincent has fangs :33, but everything else about them is pretty much human?)

~~~

William scurried through the cupboards, the deprived pine wood creaked as he stood on his tiptoes.

"Where is it.." He huffed, humming gently to himself.

There it is!

William's frown turned into a smile when his gaze hit the clear jar, the mouse giggled excitedly. Grabbing the cookie jar, and leaning against the marble counter. His eyes squinted, letting out a frustrated groan when he couldn't twist it open at the third time.

"Open you stupid jar!" He yelped, trying to pull it up since twisting wasn't working.

The mouse whined some more, eventually giving up. Quite frustrated as it just wouldn't budge.

He draped a hand over his waist, flicking his tail angrily back and forth. How was he going to open this thing? Ask someone? No one here to ask in this house except that scoundrel who made it his life mission to hunt down William.

"Speaking of that filthy feline.... Where is it? I haven't heard a peep from him all day."

William felt a shiver of dread travel down his spine, almost as if he fell into some cheap trap. He was right in the center of the vast mansion, the kitchen indeed didn't have any hiding spots.

And the other rooms connected here, William wouldn't be able to escape easily if he had to.

Is it safe to stay here still? William pondered for a moment, feeling himself grip the glass jar tightly in his grasp.

His ears pricked, listening for even the quietest sounds. But there was nothing.

Afton shook his head, he was being paranoid. That cat was probably shitting itself, he put the jar down on the counter as gently as he could, slowly backing away from the kitchen. Which way should he go? Living room, guest rooms, the other kitchen, or upstairs..

Upstairs. It'll be the easiest path to escape if the feline comes near him.

William carefully pranced out of the kitchen, padding onto soft carpet towards the first set of stairs.

The stairs creaked lightly, making William cringe in fright. He looked around before moving up some more, peering upstairs to see if anyone was there.

No one so far. William snorted, what a stupid cat.. the one chance it has to get him, and it's just being lazy.

William stepped on the final stair, which made a ear wreching squeak. Afton's eyes widened and he paused in his trail. Looking behind him to see if it attracted any attention.

Thud!

The mouse was knocked senseless to the floor, pinned down by something strong. William squirmed wildly, realizing it wasn't something, it was someone.

"Get off bastard!" He snarled threateningly, seeing hands pin his own hands down to the dusty tiles.

William heard the rapid breathing of the person above him. "Let me take a wild guess, it's you, you stupid fucking cat."

He heard a raspy chuckle before a almost hypnotizing and alluring acerbic voice ringed sternly, "Me? An idiot? Try again sweetheart."

"Let me go!" William cried desperately, trying to stab him in the stomach with his knees.

Afton caught a quick glimpse of the cat's face. Piercing sky blue eyes, and the sharp edges of his face. With long silky blonde hair falling down his face messily. But one thing caught William's eyes, that cold stare. It didn't look full of hatred as he'd expect. There was something else.

Something else that made his heartbeat fasten, but before he could stare longer, the cat wrapped a hand around his neck and lifted him up.

"Anyway, you filthy rat. You must be dead silly to think I would even think about killing you, you'd make such a mess. But.."

The thrilling glint in the cat's eyes faltered into something more mischievous. "There's something else you can be useful for."

One of the cat's claws slid out and he softly brushed it against William's neck, pressing it finally at the edge of his nape. Digging it in.

William gripped Vincent's upper arms, knowing if he tried to squirm more, the claw would drive in further.

Vincent slid his claws back in, bringing his face right to William's terrified expression. Practically breathing down his neck. "You got lucky this time rodent." The cat hissed hypnotically.

In a blink, the cat was gone.

William growled, stupid thing probably ran off. His hand reached to the back of neck, feeling a light cut on his nape.

It could've been a worse encounter, William sympathized himself.

Yet, the cats cold glare lingered on William from afar.