Main Au: Beautiful Flaws

William's fingertips stroked against the scars on his arms and chest. A disgust so faint coming up in his gut. Sometimes he hated himself, or the scars on his body. They showed his failure and mistakes. The scars made him feel insecure.

. . .

Vincent entered the bathroom suddenly, quickly about to back up as he saw his husband shirtless, until he realized the uneasy expression on Afton's face. He came up and placed his hand on his husband's shoulder, "Cupcake, are you okay?"

William snapped his head around, crossing his arms together. "Fine."

"It's about your injuries isn't it? You know, I think you look handsome with them, you shouldn't be so insecure about it. I couldn't care less." Vincent said softly, gently putting his arms around his husband's waist from behind.

But William bit his lip, no matter what his husband said, it really wouldn't make the insecurities go away.

"I don't believe you." William muttered under his breath.

But Vincent managed to hear the mumble, "William, look into my eyes."

.....

"Right now."

William hesitated but looked slowly into the man's eyes, yet still trying to avoid eye contact.

Vincent cupped William's face to force him to look into his eyes.

"I would never lie to you, you know that, they are just scars, they are not your fault. You're beautiful and I could never ask for anyone else," Vincent said strongly, his gaze burning into the black-haired man.

William looked away, as of no idea what to reply with except a nod of his head.

"Now, tell me, is there anything I can possibly do to cheer you up?"

Afton shrugged, "I don't know, I'm fine anyway."

"Clearly you're not, stop lying to me."

"A shower together. . .?" William trailed off.

"Of course, I don't mind." Vincent smiled, glancing down as William hugged him tightly.

. . .

The two hugged onto each other as they stood in the shower. William's hands around his husband's back, while Vincent was holding William's waist.

The smaller man yawned, closing his eyes and laying his head on his husband's wet chest. As Vincent began to scrub the shampoo in the smaller man's hair.

. . .

"I'm cold-."

"Well, of course cupcake, we just got out of a warm shower." Vincent smiled warmly, wrapping William in a towel. Bringing the man into his arms.

"You're warm." William muttered, curling up into his husband as they cuddled onto the bed.

William yawned again, flinching as he felt a hand stroke his hips.

"What Vincent?" William huffed.

"Nothing, nothing, I'm just tired." The man replied.

"We could take a nap together right now, sweetheart." William smiled, turning around on the bed to meet his husband's face.

"You sleep so much William." Vincent chuckled lightly, pulling his husband closer toward him. William laid his head into Vincent's neck as they were both laying on the bed.

"And? That's a good feature to have, unlike you Vincent. You never sleep. Look at your eyebags!"

"Shh." Vincent whispered into his husband's ear teasingly. Giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Want to watch a movie, darling?" Vincent suddenly said, glancing into his husband's eyes.

"Sure, I don't see why not tonight." William replied, cuddling up into Vincent's arms.

With that, Vincent glitched the remote to them and talked back and forth about the movie to watch with William. They both settled on Horror.

The smaller male gripped onto the dominant, giggling as the man began to tickle him all over as they waited for the movie to load.