Forthcoming Au: Paint

William swirled the dripping paintbrush against the canvas, leaning his chin on the palm of his hand.

He had been sitting on the stool for hours now, or at least what felt like it. More likely it was just thirty minutes.

But he shrugged it off, he had managed to paint a lot of the scene so far in a short amount of time. And he was proud of it.

It was a vibrant scenery, a sweet woodland streaked in a sunset. The midday that streamed from William's windows shined down on the painting, adding bright yellow hues to the sunset; making it more majestic.

He smiled gently and set down the dirty paintbrush, standing up from the stool. Maybe he should take a break now, his hands felt tired.

His gaze lingered on the canvas for a few more seconds before he turned around, closing the door to his office and heading to the kitchen.

A familiar voice came into distance as he neared it, spotting the quick flash of blonde hair.

William plastered a wide smile on his face, hugging the man from behind.

"What are you doing?" He asked curiously, squeezing his husband between his arms. William heard a soft chuckle and felt the man turn around to kiss him on the head.

"Just getting something to eat.." Vincent smiled back, "What have you been doing, hm cupcake?"

William giggled, "Painting."

Vincent gave a nod, "Yeah, I can tell."

"Huh how?" His voice instantly became confused, tilting his head.

Vincent laughed again and kneeled down to reach his height, his fingers brushing against his husband's cheek.

"Oh, you know, you have a big splatter of paint on your cheek?" He grinned with an amused tone, his thumb now on William's lower lip.

"Oh-? I do-, well-" William blushed in shame, bringing his own hand to stroke his cheek, touching the wet liquid on his face.

"Mhmmm, and on your lips." Vincent winked, kissing him briefly.

William huffed in annoyance and saw the white paint now on Vincent's lips, his eyes flattening in exasperation as Vincent then licked it from his lips.

Vincent's eyes narrowed, "I know what else is white, messy, and sweet that I would love to lick off from you."

Here we go again.