Royal Au: Fraud

The black-haired man grasped the window, so many different things were happening at once.

Where to begin? His wife and youngest go missing, his eldest stays in his room all day sulking, and his middle was caught stealing from the village. And then they found two traitors of the soldiers, who just so happened to be part of an infamous dangerous team of murderers.

"What am I going to do.." William whispered to himself, massaging his scalp stressfully.

A piercing knock was then heard, almost as if a boom on his door. And William snapped his head around, "Your majesty! Come quickly, it's urgent!"

What could it be this fucking time?

William unlocked his door and quickly rushed past a few guards just for him to come into the throne room from the corridor.

Then he spotted it, his eyes laid upon a blonde-haired man on the floor, the guards tightly clutching him down in place. "We found a criminal right outside the town, harassing a man. He should be immediately penalized."

William stared at this supposed criminal, that hair and everything about him was so familiar. He peered around the room, just to notice all the guards looking at him expecting him to say something gruesome.

"No.., I shall deal with him. I require to do something." William trailed off before biting his lip.

"Shall we come with you, your Majesty. . .?"

"No, I'll be perfectly fine alone."

"Are you sure it's safe your Majesty, this man could be a murderer?"

"Yes! Stop challenging me, sergeant." William shot him a glare.

"I'm quite sorry sir, we will leave you to be." The sergeant replied, the timid gaze obvious on his face.

William sought, he needed to know about this man. It could help us find out about these killings and missing cases.

The guards booted the man in the stomach, urging him to stand. He snarled, not paying any attention to the king but annoyed by the guards. Yet, he didn't seem to care about the king but when he looked up as he was handed to William. His whole face converted.

"W-." The man was interrupted by a hard slap on the head by a guard behind him, "You may not express, rogue." William sighed and dragged the man to his room by the chains tying his arms. "Don't utter yet," William said abruptly, eyeing the man's lips.

They finally got to his room, and William locked the door behind them. In case he tried to escape.

"Who are you, fool?" "Harassing someone so close to the castle? You were bound to get seized."

. . . "It wasn't like that. He-." "He robbed an item from a person and I went to go get him." "What kind of ill game are you playing, a criminal proceeding against another criminal for a foe?"

"I-, I'm not like the others!" William gaped blankly at this man, furrowing his brow, trying to conclude who he was. So familiar, why can't I remember?!

William closed his eyes in frustration, ignoring the criminal's plea. "Please don't send me to the dungeon! Just let me go!"

"Why should I?" "Because-," The man stuttered, trying to think of something. "Don't you remember me, William?!" William's pupils dilated, "How do you know my name?!" William yelled, but looked down to the floor. Trying so hard to think who this man was. Just to hear a click. The man got his handcuffs off. William flinched and stared wide-eyed. While Vincent stood from the bed and walked up to William.

He grabbed the pocket knife from his waistband, ready to swing. But Vincent only grabbed William's hands firmly. Gazing into the man's eyes. William was breathless, so confused at the moment. He didn't want to hurt him?

"It's me, Vincent."

William gasped quickly yanking his hands away from the man. "No, no, no. You perished! I saw it occur!" William cried out.

"It wasn't genuine, it was the only way I could flee from them alive," Vincent replied at the cry, but he was lying.

William didn't know, but the man gazed in awe and deep, deep sadness. "V-Vincent. . .?" William whispered softly, not being able to believe his eyes. His eyes began to bargain with tears. His eyes burning, he then reached out and clasped the man as tightly as he could. "Oh, Vincent!" William sobbed.

"You stupid asshole! Why did you do that to me. . .? You faked your death. D-Do you know how many days-, no, in fact, years?! I've cried for you?" "For my Vincent to come back to me?"

"Well, gorgeous, I'm back, and this time I'm staying," Vincent replied, a painful but delighted smile plastered on his face, right through his slight tears.