Past Au: Brothers

Vincent sneakily creaked the door open of the bedroom, his eyes squinting as he watched the auburn and black-haired boy sit on the bed.

"Hey, brother! Dinner is ready!" Vincent smiled, suddenly out bursting into the room.

William gasped surprised, and glared at him. "Don't call me that. I'm not your brother." He snapped, shoving Vincent away.

Vincent frowned, "But we both have the same parents now?" He replied, sitting on the bed next to William. "And I'm sharing my room with you!"

William seemed to become more irritated as Vincent rambled on. "They are not my parents."

The blonde-haired boy raised an eyebrow, "Then who are your parents? Did you really just come out from the woods? Because no one around town is claiming you are their kid."

William's frown set deeper, his eyebrows pressing closer to his eyelids.

"Quiet now?" The older boy huffed, leaning his head on the bedframe.

Vincent stared at him, waiting for a reply. Yet, William kept silent; casting few glances toward Vincent.

"Alright. We're not brothers then..?" He sighed, snapping some glances right back at William.

Vincent bit his lip gently before nudging the amber-eyed boy on the shoulder, "But maybe.. we can be friends instead?" He suggested, which certainly caught William's attention.

William's stunning yet baffled amber jeweled eyes stared into Vincent's emeralds.

The boy's gaped gaze shifted shyly toward his knees before he took a deep breath...

.."Fine."