39

'Mmmm... morning.' I hummed into his neck, feeling how closely he wrapped himself around me

'Hey, beautiful.' He kissed my hair, and then pressed his cheek back on top of my head, nuzzling back into me

Since last night, he wouldn't let go of me even more than usual. We didn't have sex, and he barely even spoke, but he just held me. The entire night, he craddled me in his arms, occasionally just squeezing me tighter to himself.

'Have you slept at all?' I mumble

'Don't worry about me.'

That is his way of saying ''I haven't even closed my eyes, but I am okay and not even tired.''

'Jimin, what's wrong?' I pulled away just enough to be able to look at him

'I almost lost you, Rain. If you didn't pick up that damn phone yesterday, you wouldn't be here. You would-' he cut himself off, his voice choking up and his eyes closing

'Hey... look at me.' I gently placed my hand on his cheek, brushing my thumb over his sculpted cheekbone as I look at him. 'Do you remember what you told me that first night we spent together?'

He barely nodded, 'Every time I walk out the door, it could be my last.'

I smiled a little, nodding back in confirmation of his words. 'Our  last. We're doing the same thing. We're working the same job. We can only ever hope to live, and you know it.'

'It doesn't mean that I am ready to see you die, Rain!'

'Neither am I you, but it's a harsh reality. Sooner or later, we will die. Either working, or maybe 60 years down the line of old age. But you and I both know that with the work we're doing, there is a way higher possibility of us dying sooner rather than later. Possibly from a bullet or a knife. Or a bomb. Or a million other things.'

'That's why you're not leaving my sight. Not ever again. I made myself clear before, but I'll say it again. If one of us has to die, it's going to be me.'

'And I made myself clearer by telling you that if you go, I go. Together.'

'Together.' He muttered back, placing another long peck on my forehead

'How did you know?' I ask

'That damn spy talks too much. I don't think she meant to warn me, but she started mocking about how it's nice to be single and unattached and how it would be a lot better for me to live that way. It wasn't hard to figure out what she was referring to, so I called you right away. I had no idea what was going to happen, but I had a feeling it wasn't going to be anything good.'

'It wasn't. They blew up the entire building, including the restaurant underneath the apartment. They must have taken out 50 civilians.'

'Can't say I'm surprised.' He sighed deeply, falling back on his pillow and looking up at the ceiling. 'Did you manage to get anything?'

'Not much. He was asleep.'

He looked at me and all I had to do was blink twice, and he understood instantly that I couldn't say.

'Is he dead?'

'Possibly. I don't think he got away from that.'

Again, he just nodded lightly, picking up on another lie.

'How about we forget about all of that for a day? Leave the work behind, and just go somewhere. Just the two of us. What do you say?' He smiled as his fingers drew little shapes on the side of my body

'Mister Park... are you asking me out on a date?' I tease, scooching closer to him

Well, I pulled myself closer, but he pulled me on himself. His hands wrapped around my hips and pulled me on his lap in a blink of an eye, his smile blinding me.