20

Sound of heavy balls hitting into each other followed by them falling into a hole echoed all around us. Our table included. For a while, we played like that's exactly why we're here. But that time was a bit too long, so he broke the silence.

'So what brings you to me? I doubt you came here to play pool.' He smirks

'What? Maybe I did.' I smirked back as I walk to him, getting a bit too close. I looked up at him, almost pressing against him, blinking twice at him. 'Do you mind? I can't get to my hole.'

He scoffed lightly and moved aside, gesturing for me to move past him.

I bent over the edge of the table, placing the cue between my knuckles and aiming at the ball. I looked up at him for a moment, smiling as I sent the ball straight into a hole.

'Interesting choice of clothing for such a place.' He chuckled, but he scanned me head to toe, again pausing at my bare thighs

'It's hot. It's summer. Maybe you should try it, too.' I tease back

'I don't think that red colour would suit me. Doesn't match my skin.'

At least he can joke. You'd think he's not so bad, but then again...

'But really. What do you want from me?'

'You're no fun.' I sigh dramatically. 'I felt like we didn't really finish our conversation the other day.'

'We spoke of many things. Might want to be more precise.'

I smirked and walked past him around the table, leaning over so he had a view of my backside, arching my back just slightly. 'I wondered about who could be after us. You said it's not you, but someone else.'

'Even if I knew, why would I tell you?'

I stood up straight and came to stand in front of him, but this time, I leaned onto the pool table behind me, looking up at him, as he was looking at my cleveage, swallowing harshly.

'You said you didn't want any trouble with us at the moment.' I reached for his face, pushing up his chin so he'd look at me instead of my boobs. 'I thought we might help each other.'

'Help?' He scoffs

'Why not?' I tilt my head innocently, giving him doe eyes. 'You don't want us on your ass, do you? And if we get no other clues, we might take the recent events under your name and go after you after all.'

'Miss Rain, are you threatening me?' He smirks, stepping closer to me

'Not at all, Josun.' I smile at him. 'I am offering you an olive branch of sorts. At least for the time being.'

'A peace offering from mercenaries?' He laughs in shock while I just kept observing him. 'I'll be dammed. Miracles do happen.'

'Not a miracle, my lovely Josun. Simply a contract that benefits us both. You don't want your new risen organisation down before it's up, and I don't feel like doing extra work. Why don't we work together to find out who is trying to create this issue?' I gently took hold of his collar, straightening it out for him, passing my finger over his spider tattoo in the process. Looking closely, it's newish. Not an old tattoo.

'Are you trying to seduce me, miss Rain?' He smirks

'Honey, I've had people far more dangerous than you down at my feet. if I wanted to seduce you, you would already be down on your knees, begging for me.'

He chuckled in amusement, licking his thin lips lightly. 'Cocky. I kind of dig that.'

'Not cocky. Confident.' I smirk back, letting go of his collar