21

'Guys, I think I got him.' I spoke into the earpeace, letting them know, and then took it out of my ear to hide it

I observed the man for a minute, making sure that was him leaning over the railing and looking at the view in the distance. Walking over slowly, I leaned on the fence next to him. He quickly stood up straight from where he was slouching, looking at me in surprise.

'Apologies if I startled you. It wasn't my initial plan.' I smile

'Not at all. I'm just... surprised.' He smiles back, pushing the sides of his hair a bit more back

'Pleasantly, I hope?' I smirk

'Perhaps.' His smile grew a little, his eyes crinckling in the corners. 'Do I know you?'

'No. But I guess you could?' I offer my hand. 'Rain. Lovely to meet you.'

'Rain... such a pretty name. A bit ironic.' He chuckles

'How?' I tilt my head

'You are called Rain, and all I can see is pure sunshine looking at you.'

I pretended to be into it, giggling fakely. 'I'll take that as a compliment.'

'Oh, it was.' He looks me up and down. Yep. Sleezy.

'You like the view?' I ask, gesturing at the river and the skyscraper skyline in the distance

'Not particularly. Just cathing my breath a little.' He smiles. 'Care to join?'

'I suppose. I don't have anything better to do, mister....?' I push as he didn't say his name yet

'Oh, apologies. Chohun. Just Chohun. No need for formalities.'

'Alright then, Chohun.' I smile, standing next to him

'So, Rain... who are you really?' He smirks

I smile, not really surprised that he picked up on it. 'I can't tell you all my secrets on our first date.'

'Hm.' He chuckles. 'Here to kill me?'

'Not at all. To talk.'

'About?'

'I am looking for information on a certain someone you've had connections with. Maybe still do. Shadow, they call him.'

He looked at me, his mood changing completely from a light, smug one to one that resembled anger. Or fear. 'Shadow? Never heard of him.'

'Don't strain yourself. I know about things he did for you. And that's not what I care about. I need to find him. Tell me where I can do that and I'll be on my way.'

'Sorry. Can't help you.' He pulled away from the railing and started walking away

I caught up to him, walking beside him. 'I won't tell him who told me if that helps.'

He kept walking without sparing a glance.

'Does your daughter in Harvard know what her father does?'

He stopped in his tracks, glaring down at me. 'I don't respond well to threats.'

'A threat? I was merely asking a question.' I smirk, happy that he's getting so irritated. 'I just thought that she might know if you don't.'

'I can't help you.' He spat the word can't out, to the brim full of frustration. It's not that he doesn't want to. He actually can't.

I lost the smirk and asked him in a genuine tone, 'What happened?'

He pulled back and swallowed the nerves, his eyes averting to god knows where.