~Aubrey

Aubrey,

I never want to hear you imply that you’re ugly again! I don’t care what anyone else thinks and neither should you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you’re mine. Remember that. As for my great grandmother, you never told me that you had met her or vice versa. But I can’t believe that she has any resentment for you, granted she is strict but never cruel.

Moving on. I’m already missing your cooking, everyone is, especially me. I’ve had to return back to my peanut butter and jellyfish sandwiches and ‘tacos’. What’s the food like there? It feels strange writing this in bed and not having you next to me. Well nighty night.

~Sebastian.

GOOD MORNING YOU LAZY BONE! I bet I just woke you up. I specially made sure this fish would annoy you until you woke up. Just because I’m not there doesn’t me you can slack off. Up you get, and don’t put that green tie with that pin stripe shirt. In answer to your question, the foods alright…it part of class, in that we should politely eat whatever is put in front of us, unless under certain circumstances, like allergies or possible food poisoning.

I must keep this short but I just wanted to remind you there are some leftovers in the freezer and that sandwich you mention sounds vile. Say hi to everyone for me.

~Aubrey

Dear Sebastian,

Concerning your fiancé, who is the loveliest creature, I would like you to desist in your communication with her. I wish for her to do well, as should you, and will be pushing her to achieve high. However her fascination in you is proving to be a distraction.

Also, what the sea god’s name were you thinking, letting that sweet child get so battered up and then letting Ava send that wench, Ephemera, who is causing hassles for everyone. Never have I come across such a vulgar woman. What type of model was she? Also tell Ava that ‘we are now even’. If anything she is in debt to me now.

Now back to Aubrey, I knew she was yours the moment I met her, a bit timid and too innocent for her own good. But I must say I approve of her greatly, and am looking forward to when I will get to see my great great grandchildren, scurrying around the ocean floor. So stop fumbling around and hurry up and woo this little cutie. Do it before someone else does, I’m having trouble keeping the male staff at bay. I can see when we get to dance class I’m going to keep a very close tabs on them.

‘Temptress’ goodness me, what idiot came up with that name? I don’t want my newly found great granddaughter getting hurt or lost, so get your act together. Where’s my organized professional grandson I know and love?

So please desist with your letters for the time being. I know it will be hard on the both of you but please understand I need her thoughts here on her schooling.

Forever your Great Grand mama

~Genevieve

Sebastian?

If you didn’t get my last letter, that’s ok. Anyway today we have learnt about on how to sit properly in a variety of chairs. After class Ms Taringa kept me back and made me do each chair another dozen times, which meant I missed out on half of lunch and I wasn’t allowed to scoff my face. If they catch you taking a too big a chunk, they swat you over the fingers. I fear I’m going to lose weight and wither away to nothing. Nothing I tell you! Effie is being a rightful pain as usual making a joke out the everything. I admit learning to sit is kind of stupid, but…err. I’ll spare you the details.

We will have a cooking class later today, which is going to be exceptionally fun, and I finally get to learn some proper ocean cuisine. Can we go to a restaurant sometime when I get back? It doesn’t have to anything exceptionally fancy. So how was work today? Anything new? Are the daughters of Atlantis missing Viola? I’m missing our afternoon chats. You there?

~Aubrey

Dear Sebastian,

It has been nothing but constant learning. Ms Taringa is being exceptionally mean, keeping me back to perfect all aspect of this course. I feel like I could fall asleep just writing to you. Jet lag is also getting to me.

Anyway I hope the trawls aren’t getting lost.

~Aubrey.

Sebastian?

You there? Please reply, I miss you.

~Aubrey

Dear Brother,

I have never felt so lonely in my entire life or hungry for that matter. As you probably noticed Aubrey was in the papers again, for being attached by Ephemera, Almond’s Halfling singer. It astounds me that although we are in almost the exact same situation, the difference is startling. Whereas Aubrey rarely complains even on trivial matters she is generally well behaved and composed, Ephemera is the complete opposite. She complains, is loud and obnoxious and shows no compassion to Almond or anyone else for that matter. And as I understand it, her previous occupation as a ‘model’, has made it difficult for her to get used to a more humble lifestyle. I suppose she has this theory that she should have had better material status as Aubrey. But to be honest I’m wary of spoiling Aubrey, she knows about my title, and I knew she would have some preconceived ideas about it. I have hopefully diminished those thoughts from her, it is not something I’m proud of, but it is necessary for us to build this relationship on feelings and not on my large bank balance or estates. This is the only lie I’ve told her, and some days I just wish to take her to my home in either Indonesia or more likely the Fiji villa. She loves the tropics.

I’ve seen Almond attempting to fill this gap for Ephemera. But as the saying goes, ‘money can’t buy happiness.’

I’d hate to get in a catfish fight, judging solely on the condition of Aubrey’s back. That girl can sure take a beating. Not a cry or whimper from her, never complaining about the pain, a few wincers but most of her concern was avoiding me, trying to bandage her up. She cleaned the entire house trying to get out of it. But after a little pre-planned spat we’ve got some more trust between us and hopefully its smooth sailing from here on in.

Anyway back to the point at hand; because Ephemera attacked Aubrey, Ava has somehow come up with this wacky idea about sending the both of them along with Viola to finishing school. You know Great Grandmother Gen’s one.

So now Aubrey sends me messenger trawls a couple of times a day, telling me what’s new and happening over at’ Maidens Institute of Fine Etiquette’. Many of which have various questions about an array of topics. Like she never noticed Viola never spoke. All these questions made it difficult for me to get to asking her questions when the page is fill nearly with answers.

But from her letters, I gather she is doing ok. The other girls keep to themselves while Ephemera teasers her. Luckily, Aubrey is thick skinned and doesn’t retaliate much. She also feels that Great Grandmama is picking on her. During her last visit, she actually met Aubrey, and is now determined in making her part of the family. Judging from the letters, I guess she is really pushing Aubrey to succeed above the rest.

Thus she sent a letter to me requesting me to stop sending Aubrey trawls. As it was somehow a distraction. Aubrey only sent three after I stopped replying. It is only the third day of her course.

I feel terrible as I can see the pain I’m causing her through her letters.

Your brother,

~Sebastian

-------

I hope that you didn’t get too confused by the changing of letters.

So we do get a glimpse of Finishing school, also re-meet the supposably mean great grandmother, Genevieve. And then we finish off with a letter to the mysterious brother. Well isn’t Sebastian a popular delivery spot.

Anyway, is this chapter ok? I’m not sure if its what you guys wanted.

Oh heres a picture of Ava, I found it today and it is exactly what I pictured her looking like(well her hair is a bit too long and I wish she was smiling   --------->