69 - Betrayal unravel

NIMMI'S POV

"What are you doing now?", I asked her but she just ignored me.

Instead she said,"kid, you gonna help me or just keep watching ?", trying to pull Rishi on that cold hard metal platform.

I rushed towards her and pulled him up.
So with the Ranisa.

"This doesn't seem very likeable", "that's because it's not.", She retort.

Tying their hands up we both finished the part of blindfolding them.

"Let me go.!!!", Ranisa screamed pleading, crying and so was Rishi. They knew what was coming next.

But I'm not heartless like them because I had something else planned in my head.

Just when the woman in black was about to give them a shock I held her hand and shook in refusal.

Pulling her out from her arm we came to where Ram and Papa were sitting.

"What's wrong? Did they try to hurt you  again?", Ram was scared, the lines of concern were clear on his face.

"Don't worry it's all okay.", I assured him while that woman was talking to Papa.

It didn't look like a boss and employee relation but more like friends.

Maybe Papa noticed my curiousness and answered, "She is my friend and your Aunt Khushi.", trust me, my jaw dropped literally.

This woman didn't look anything like my Aunt, she look as if she crossed her 40s and she was my father's friend that means she is definitely around  my fathers age.

"You look...", I took in her appearance.

"You are The Khushi?", my  excitement was clear in my words and on her face.

"You know Mumma used to talk so much about you. You're such a strong and excuse my language ...", I apologized. "And badass woman.", that kinda made everyone laugh, seeing in such situation I was behaving like a child and fan girling.

"What??? I mean it.", "Nothing...just stay happy like this always.", Ram kissed my forehead tucking me in his arm.

I asked for their attention and tells her plan. Khushi was not happy about the plan but she knew it was the best thing to do. And if this succeeds then there won't be any escape for those swindlers.

"As much as I'd love to give them a nice torture, I'll go with your plan.", finally she was onboard.

"But are you sure about it?" Ram looked distressed. I know he is worried about me.

"I am Ram. I'm not saying I'm not scared about the reaction and backlashes I might get.", I held his hand reassuring him. "But these people need to be exposed and for that I'm willing to risk myself."

"Then I won't stop you if that's what you want.", all of them agreed. Khushi went to make some important calls and so did Papa and Vikram.

I sat right there. My hands were getting all sweaty. This day, this decision was gonna change my whole life. I have no idea how will I be able to face everyone once the truth is out.

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. "They are coming.", I turned to see Ram standing there, he still looked unsure. But I know he trusts me enough to stand by my side.

"Where is Khushi?"? Papa asked after finishing his calls. "She is inside, setting everything up.", i looked to the closed doors where our destiny was gonna be decided.

It's been hour an hour since khushi went inside when"Nimmi...", a voice that I was dying to hear, the breaking and ache that I heard in her voice was saying it all.

My mother, my whole world she was standing right there at the door when I turned.

"Mu...mumma...", I couldn't speak, I just can't. It's too much, it hurts really bad. I barely managed to stand straight. I couldn't blink my eyes even for a second.

As if she'd disappear any moment if I did. Her mere presence took all the fear of darkness away. I ran to my Mumma.

The moment she embraces me in her arms was all that I ever wanted but never realised before.

I broke in her arms completely and so did she. After getting my mother back in my life there was nothing I wanted now.

Even if these people inside don't get punished, even if I have to live with the fear of facing the world stays with me.

"No Begum..not anymore.", Ram stokes my forehead kneeling beside.

"This is the last time you are crying. After today there will be a new start of your life leaving this chapter of your life behind and forever.", Ram took all my fear, "Leave this fear behind and embrace a life of courage. You've got this! Let's conquer your worries together."

"Let's do this.", Now with my family by my side and the love of my life holding my hand I'm ready for anything that comes my way.

A man was brought  in with his face all covered while two other men were dragging him in.

"LET ME GO.. I'm gonna kill you all. You don't know me.", he was twitching in thier hold.

"Take him in.", Papa ordered them as they followed his orders and dragged him to the room.

Soon after I with Ram, Papa and Mumma entered the room and when we did there was a lot of commotion going on.

We stood in the side of that giant room while their eyes were completely blindfolded

Ranisa
"Is there someone? I said let me go."

Ranasa
"Ranisa is that you? What the hell are you doing here? And why did you bring me here?", a confused Ranasa who had no idea of what's going on asked.

Ranisa was getting more and more agitated. "I brought you here?", she bites back. "It's your fucking son and his stupid wife's plan."

"Oh shut up you vicious woman.", Ranasa was fuming in anger tied up with ropes. "It's all your shitty plan. Just like you did before.", he was saying the truth himself in his rage.
"Last...last time as well I warned you. I told you that your plan will not work. You did not listen to me."

"OH PLEASE.....", Ranisa chuckles a venomously.

"If it wasn't for my plan you would have still be working under that Vikram's shoe.", I could see Vikram's fist tightening, his knuckles turning white. The veins on his forehead popping.

I held his hand in hope for him to feel a little less hurt by his own father.

"DON'T TAKE HIS NAME....i might be the worst father but, HE IS MY SON..MY BLOOD...you bitch, who killed her mother  and then pretended to be an Angel all your life. Making him believe a lie that was covered with your disgusting and filthy greed."

I grew increasingly worried as I continued to call his name, my voice filled with panic. His unresponsiveness was unsettling, his stillness eerie. I desperately shook his shoulder again, hoping to snap him out of this unsettling state.
But there was no response, no sign of recognition in his vacant eyes. Time seemed to stretch on as I desperately searched for some explanation.

I could see the betrayal in his eyes. He was shattered and I could do anything. So much was going on. I knew this tornado was gonna destroy ever and leave the dessert behind.