17 - It's a NO

Listen to this beautiful melody while reading a d make it 1000 times more mesmerizing.
——————————
AUTHORS' POV

"Do you want to marry this broken soul and risk your love for him?", Vikram looked into her dark brown eyes with a hope. Nimmi looked straight in his eyes with a firm determination. "NO"

Vikram didn't give any reaction to her but inside he crumbled completely. Just when he was about to get up Nimmi pulled him back, "Because, I want to marry This beautiful soul that's healing slowly and want to fall in love with him.", for a second Vikram didn't understand what just happened. "Wait a minute, does that mean..", Vikram pulled her close and squeezed her in his arms.

Nimmi's giggles were filling that place with happiness and love. "Buddhu.."(silly), she said in between her tears and giggles. "I promise Agar jaan bhi deni padi toh woh bhi dunga iss rishte ko banane ke liye.(I promise even if I have to die, I will to make this relationship).", tears were rolling down her cheeks with happiness and content hearts when Vikram wiped them away with his thumb. Vikram cupped her face. Suddenly the air around them felt too hot and tensed.

They couldn't remove there gaze from each other. Vikram leaned in and their lips were just inches apart. "Ra..ram...", Nimmi voice was barely a whisper while her eyes were closed. Vikram smirked and leaned back observing her intensely.

Nimmi waited, knitted her brows and then opened one eye looking at Vikram who was trying to control his smirk and failing miserably.

"Haaaawwww.....jao mujhe baat nahi karni..."(I don't wanna talk)Nimmi pouted and stood to leave. Just when she turned Vikram pulled her close from her waist and locked his arms around.

"Remember your challenge.", Vikram whispered in her ear. Suddenly it came to her mind that she accepted his challenge to kiss him first. If it was happening few minutes ago she would have done it but now she lost all the confidence that she had built in her.

"I..aa..umm.. let's go.", she said coming out of his hold and walking towards the car. Vikram chuckled seeing bewildered reaction standing there putting his hands in pocket.

Nimmi puts her seatbelt without waiting for him. Vikram sat in his seat with a smug smile. When Nimmi remembered something to ask. "Can I ask you something?", to which he hummed while taking his car on road. "I ..mean..you said your mother..then Ananya?", She asked being very cautious.

"She is adopted.", "Adopted?", "yes, after my father left my mom, she never return back. It was not easy decision but she decided to stay there and try her best to set things between her and her husband for my sake. While all this time she started working in orphanage, where we both got food and shelter. Nana Nani tried their best but she refused to return.

Years passed by with her taking care of me and other children and working while never leaving hope to get me a father's love. I was 9 when, one night we heard a cry outside orphanage's door. We all came out to see a baby girl crying there all alone in a cardboard box. Someone left her with a note.

I still remember when I first saw her, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked like a little doll. She was so innocent so beautiful. The moment I saw her I wanted to protect her. I wanted to make her stop crying. After that day I always stayed by her side. I never left her alone. She doesn't know any of this and neither I want her to know. She is my life Nimmi, my only family after Maa."

"And now she is mine too.", Nimmi placed her hand on his and caressed it with her thumb. "I promise I will never let anything happen to her ever.", if Vikram wasn't driving at the moment he would have kissed this girl right now. But for now, "thank you", was all he said.

Soon they reached Vikram's house where Ananya came out running seeing her brother's car from balcony. "Did You say yes? Tell me? Are you my sister or sister in law?", she bombarded Nimmi with questions.

"Relax Anu, let her come in first.", and they all entered the house where her Nani and few others were also sitting already along with her family. "You all here, how?", "we know you very well Nimmi, we knew you'll come here if it's yes and see we were right", Nimmi's Bua tells her with a smile.

"That means it's a yes!!", Ananya was literally screaming at this point when she almost squeezed Nimmi with her hug. There was happiness and love all around them.

They did a small ceremony and Tilak as  ritual fixing this alliance. Nirmaan and Subi blessed both the children when he told Vikram, "I'll say this once, she is my world. I'm giving my world to you and now it's your responsibility to make it more beautiful. Don't disappoint me.",

"If she is your world then she is my Universe now.", Vikram took a step forward "And I'm gonna make it mesmerizing. Where she'll be the queen.", they both looked with intense gaze, with same dominance.

"Okay, I think that's enough now.", Subi interrupted them as others smiled. "Welcome to the family bacche.", Subi smiled patting his cheek lightly. Vikram's heart was full when he felt that motherly gesture from her. "Thank you...Ma..aa..",

"That's okay, you can call me whatever you want to.", Subi said understanding his hesitation. Vikram smiled feeling relieved.

"Nimbu..?", Nirmaan whispered in his daughter's ear. "She asked with her eyes.
"I'm proud of you. That you made the right decision. But I still hate him.", he said last part nonchalantly with a shrug.

"Kya yaar papa."(what papa..) as both of them shared a laugh. "I'm telling you you are marrying a volcano.", Subi whispered in Vikram's ear. "Though she's sweet but she's still Nirmaan's daughter. Be careful and if she ever did anything you can come to me I'll take care of her.", Subi said last line loud enough for her daughter to hear. As Vikram smiled teaming up with his soon to be mother in law.

"Haaaww..party change.", as Subi shrugged her shoulder. I've got a son too to team up with,now", and both Kartik and Saurav came standing next to Vikram and Subi, "and we?", they asked their badi maa.

"You both are already in my team.", Subi said proudly. Nimmi looked up to her father with a pout when Ananya came and puts her arm around Nimmi's shoulder. "Don't worry I'm with you. We both are enough for all three of them.",

"And I'm with both my girls.", Nirmaan exclaimed. And both Nimmi and Ananya high-five followed by Ananya teasing them showing her tongue.

Vikram felt the warmth and want for each other in this family that he always craved.

While all were busy teasing and making fun of each other. Vikram and Nimmi were having a conversation with eyes. It looked like Nimmi wanted to tell something to Vikram signalling him to get out of this place. Subi saw both of them and told Vikram in her ear, "She is yours, claim her. C'mon on, step forward.",  well that was all he needed and what he did next made every one Shock and Nirmaan dropping his jaw.
———-
What he did, well that will be shown in next chaptee😘

Bye

What do you think about this chapter

Make sure to like comment and share

When Nirmaan sees Vikram doing unexpected in front of him:

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠  𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐢 (#1 2023)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें