6 - Sham - e - Awadh

AUTHORS' PIV

Ananya's words were left in the air, mouth open she kept looking at Kartik. Looks like someone else was also falling. Kartik smiled at her and said "Hii..", waving his hand and Ananya was a goner.

Getting back to conversations they all introduced each other. When a ting of emotion hits Vikram when Nimmi introduced Rishi as her new friend. But he didn't know what exactly it was.

"Jealously", his subconscious mocked. "Shut up Vikram Shut up.", he scrunched his eyes in frustration and mumbled under his breath.

"Let's go.", Vikram tells everyone and they all moved to where festival was happening. Engaging themselves with the performances time was passing quickly with Nimmi stealing glances and Vikram controlling his obvious emotions on Nimmi smiling with Rishi.

Taking a deep breath he left from there and sat on stairs outside. Thankfully there was no one at that time. Most of the people were busy with the classical music and rest already left the place. Nimmi saw him leaving with a cold expression and for some reason she didn't feel good seeing him like this.

Even though it was not her place to say anything she still couldn't control the urge to comfort him. Nimmi excused herself and started looking for him when she saw a silhouette and she took small steps.

 Nimmi excused herself and started looking for him when she saw a silhouette and she took small steps

"Hey.." Nimmi called when Vikram saw up lifting his head that was hanging low with his arms in his knees.

"Hii...", he said simply. "May I?", she asked, gesturing to the space next to him. He shifted and patted telling her to sit. With a smile she sat and hugged her knees looking up in the sky full of stars while low melody of flute and Veena with a beautiful song. Nimmi was humming with music.

Vikram looked her. He was loosing his self in her innocent simple beauty. Her hair were flowing gently with every blow of wind and an unknown smile crept on his lips. There was a comfortable silence with them. Like no words were needed to fill up this moment.

Suddenly she turned to say something when Vikram lifted his face to look up. "By the way, Are you from Lucknow?", she asked. He looked back to her and shook his head, "No, I'm here for business with your brother. After I got offer from SR groups for their New hotel."

"Ohh..", she made a o face and nodded. "Chodo, let's not talk business. It's boring anyway.", she shook her hands and turned to him. "By the way, kya hua?",(what happened?), to which he looked Nimmi in confusion.

"Are aap andar se aa gae."(you just left from there.) and your mood seems a little sour.", she asked with a smile. Vikram was really shocked and touched by heart. No one ever read him other than his Nani and Ananya, obviously being family they do. He lost his mother long back and father? Well that's another story.

But being a complete stranger he was really shocked seeing how she immediately knew and not just that she even cared to come and ask. He was lost in his thoughts when a waving hand took him out of his thoughts.