65- Surprise

AUTHORS' POV

Next morning both Vikram and Nimmi were getting ready to leave. Even though Nimmi was smiling in front of vikram only she knew how scred she was from inside. She knew that her husband was never gonna leave her alone, still an unknown fear had made home in her heart which was not gonna go away so easily.

"Begum...i know you are scared. maybe i can't even feel close to what you are going through right now and I'll be honest with you.", Vikram was comforting her and Nimmi kept listening while her back was facing him in front of the mirror.

"things might get even more intense when we get back. i want you to stay strong.' before she could say anything Vikram shushed her turning her around and making him face her.

"NO, first listen to me. You are a powerful woman. you just underestimate yourself. I know you don't like to talk about it but after what happened to you, you still are standing here with the determination, will, and strength that's within you. So when you face the last stage of this ultimate quest, which is even scarier you will have to stand strong and I want you to be leading. I promise each and every one of us will be there to support but, it's  your fight."

Nimmi didn't say anything instead she kept her gaze undevided on Vikram. her ears were holding on  to each and every word of his an her heart was content and composed after seeing the faith and fire to fight for her.

she nodded her head in agreement and wraps her arms around Vikram. " thank you for always being there for me."

There was a comfortable silence between them for next few minutes. Not saying anything savouring the moment.

she was lost in his arms when, "Begum?" , to which she hummed.

"As much as I'm enjoying this moment we need to leave now.", her whispered near her ear.

" fine...", removing her arms when a groan she said.

both Vikram and Nimmi were on their way to the airport when suddenly Nimmi remembered something. she told Vikram a address and asked him to drive there. He didn't ask anything and took a turn. Though he was curious to know.

After  around 20 minutes of drive they reached in remote area. One could clearly see that there aren't much privileges to enjoy here.

Reaching there Nimmi asked Vikram to stop when she saw a familiar looking house. she quickly jumped off the car in excitement but then suddenly stopped.

" What happened Begum? why did you turn?", before she could answer a little girl came running.

"Mimmi.... mimmi....mimmi", Nimmi squeezed her eyes shut when she hears that excited little voice. Vikram noticed the change in her expressions.

Nimmi puts a sweet smile on her face and turned. Sitting on her knees she opened her arms letting her in a big bear hug.

"Ganga Miss Mimmi..", the little girl had a glistening eyes.

"Sorry Gangu..Mimmi was busy yesterday.", she apologized holding her ears and gave her a kiss on cheeks.

Ganga looked up from Nimmi and kept staring at Vikram before she said. "Mimmi...!!, Look your Mr Handsome!!", Ganga a finger at him while bouncing in Nimmi's arms excitedly.

Nimmi turned to look at him who was giving a proud and a thoughtful smile.

He was obviously proud of his hard worked looks and thoughtful about who this girl is and does she knows him and Nimmi and her connection?

Nimmi could see the confusion on his face. "I forgot to bring her doll that o promised .", Vikram just listened to her not saying anything.

Nimmi picked the little one and entered the house while Vikram stayed back making a call.

When Nimmi turned he gestured her to walk in telling he needs to make an important phone call.

Nimmi met Ganga's mother Ravi who was busy cooking.

"Boo...", Nimmi came from behind trying to scare her which they successfully did.

She almost spilled the food she was cooking. Just when she was about to scream at the person Ravi saw Nimmi and her expressions changed to happy and cheerful.

While ganga was giggling in Nimmi's arms Both Nimmi and Ravi shared a warm hug.

"Sorry Di I couldn't come yesterday. I know I promised a gift for Ganga but....", she paused thinking about her and Vikram and how things changed so quickly.", she was about say something when,

"Don't say sorry please. You've already done a lot for us and especially your Gangu. Don't feel guilty. ", saying she returned back to her cooking.

Nimmi leaves Ganga and tells her to go and play outside. Which the little kid did.

"Dii I got something for you."? Saying she puts a hand in her pocket making Ravi curious.

There were some documents in her hand in a black file.

"These are admission documents of Ganga. Remember I asked you for her legal documents last month? So now you know why I wanted. And yes, don't worry about fees I've already paid for next 3 months and her uniform and books? You can collect them from school tomorrow, okay?", Ravi was stunned to hear it. She once told Nimmi how her husband their daughter to have good education and wanted her to send to a private school.

Nimmi remembered it and also that after Ravis husband's death she couldn't do it. She got tears in her eyes and immediately hugged Nimmi.

She started crying which  made Nimmi emotional as well. While they were having a heart to heart conversation Vikram was standing outside listening to them.

He had a proud smile on his face with a heart that was full right now. "You will never stop amazing me. Every time I think I know you, there's a new layer of you I get to see. A different color of yours making you shine bright", he was lost in his thoughts when there was a call on his phone.

Vikram picked it up walking out and saw car parked there. "There you go Sir. Here's everything you ordered."  His man gestured towards car with a weird look. As if curious to know why he ordered all these things?

"Don't worry it's not for me.", Vikram replied nonchalantly noticing his face expressions. "Now help take them inside.", saying they both picked up all the bags and walked on where both the woman were busy playing with Ganga and eating.

They heard footsteps and turned to look at the door only for their jaws to drop. Except for Ganga who was jumping making her pig tails bouncing showing her excitement.

——————————————

Here comes the update

How did like the chapter?

Vote comment and follow.
⬆️⬆️♥️♥️