5 - In Matth

AUTHORS' POV

"So Mr Vikram this is the prescription. She's all right. You can take her now.", Nimmi gave him reports and a paper with medication. But all Vikram could hear was his name rolling down from her pink glossy lips.

Nimmi smiles to both of them and left. The moment Nimmi came out she scrunched her scraf tight near her heart. She had no idea what just happened inside now. All she knew was that her heart suddenly started running a marathon. Butterflies were dancing in her stomach. A new and unknown sensation was coming into her heart.

Only she knew how she controlled herself. "Nimbu control yourself", she ordered herself. When a shy smile was forming on her lips and her cheeks turning crimson. Making sure no one looked she left from there.

"What?", Vikram asked nonchalantly when  he saw Ananya wiggling her brows in amusement and her legs shaking lazily. The moment he asked she quickly picked her phone and starts recording a voice note. "Nani bhai ne aaj ek ladki ko.."(Nani you know today bhai said..), and before she could finish Vikram snatched her phone.

"No phone for two days", saying he puts the phone in his Pocket. Vikram left the room when Ananya stood from her bed and smirked. "Jao jao photo to bhej hi di hai..."(go bhai go bhai..No worries, your picture is already sent.)

They both were sitting the car. While Ananya was trying to tease him but he was trying to just ignore her. Vikram looked his sister with a side eye, finding her smirking at her already and he sighed.

"What will it take to stop all this ?", Vikram asked. Ananya turned to face him in excitement putting her one leg on seat. "Why did you say sorry to her?", "Is it wrong to sorry?", he asked taking a right turn. "No..but for you Vikram Singh Chandravanshi is definitely a big thing.", she said in a amazed and teasing tone.

"Tell me na bhai, ghanti baji kya?"(Did she ring a bell?), to which he got visibly tensed and straightened her back. Before his mind could go back to her he shook his thoughts away and stops the car hitting on breaks.

"Out", was all he said and came out of the car. Ananya as well came out and both the siblings entered Ramakrishna matth. It was a difficult vibe there. Even in chaos and preparation there was still a sense of peace.

"I'm getting late for my meeting, till then do whatever you want to.", saying he made a call and talked to someone.

"Hi Mr Rathore . I hope you don't mind me coming a bit late. Actually I had an emergency.", Vikram said giving a firm handshake. "Call me Kartik. And it's absolutely fine. I can understand. And for man like you, being late definitely means an emergency."

Saying so both start chatting business on their way to office room where trusties of Ramkrishna Matth were already engaged in a conversation.

On the other hand Nimmi was busy with her volunteering. She worked 6 hours continuously on her first day. Though she was tired but Nimmi actually enjoyed working here. She even made a friend today. He was also a volunteer and it was his 2nd day here. But he was from another hospital.

"So, how long you've been in Lucknow?", Rishi asked walking next to Nimmi on their way to canteen. "one night", she tells while sending a message to her mother about her day when she asked.

Putting her phone back Nimmi looked up and asked him same question to which he tells that he's been working  in Lucknow from last 3 years. "Wow, then you must know this place quite well.", Nimmi asked in excitement.

"Of course I do", he tells pulling a chair for Nimmi and taking one next to her. "Then why don't you tell me some good places.", she asked in excitement.

"Hey, why don't we go to Cultural youth festival, in the evening.", Rishi tells her in excitement. Nimmi was hesitant at first but then she remembered Kartik was also there when Rishi told the address. She agreed telling she'll call Saurav as well.