16 - Your Decision

Enjoy music while reading:😘

————
Main dard chupata raha ...dil main, na kabhi zaahir kiya...

Teri ek nazar se, qabool hui Dua ki tarah sab samne rakh diya...
———————————
AUTHORS' POV

Finally Vikram break the hug and took a long breath. For him it wasn't just a small gesture but a piece of him that he shared with someone in years.

"Ram...", Nimmi called Vikram which came out almost a whisper. That name filled his eyes with a lot of unshed tears, where each tear was holding a story full of pain.

Betraying him when a lone tear fell from his eye Vikram turned showing his back. Nimmi took steps and hugged him from back burying her face.

"This is where I was born. Where I grew up, where I lost everything.", Vikram turned to look at Nimmi. This time with a firm and determined look. He held her hands looked in her eyes as he started talking.

——————————

My mom was a dancer in Lucknow Gharana(court). She always loved dancing. It was her life. My Nani and Nanu were the one who taught her everything. Back then, this house was full of laughter, smiles music and love. Dance was life of this haweli.

She was performing in a event where there were a lot of important guests, artists and royals from Lucknow and from others states were invited. All were here with their gharanas to showcase their talents. The place was full of lights, music and happiness.

Nani told me when she performed, everyone was mesmerized by her performance. Her grace was unmatched.She got lot of  compliments and  smiles And within all those smiles there was one smile that caught her eye.

They both saw each other and just fall for each other. I don't know if there is anything like love at first sight or no, but my mom always believed in it.

They both started spending time with each other. He would always come to meet her whenever possible. Maa believed him with her whole heart so she told everything to Nana Nani.

At first they weren't ready but they both convinced her parents. Soon they had a small ceremony and tied a knot. But he didn't take her with him. Promising that he will come back soon. He needs to convince his family.

Maa agreed without asking anything. He would call her but slowly he stopped. Soon she found the news about me. There was no limit to her happiness. She called him but he didn't pick.

Thinking he must be busy with work and convincing his family. She settled for it for a while. But as her days were passing, she started becoming more and more depressed. The person she needed the most wasn't with her.

People started questioning and making statements that just made her more and more miserable by each day. Nanu couldn't see her like this. So he decided to go himself and he left to meet my father himself.

Maa was already in her ninth month and everything was happening too fast. The day when Nanu left the same day my mom got labor pain. Nani was alone but somehow she called for help and after a long night and maa going through a lot pain all by herself I took birth here.

Nimmi I don't know what a mother goes through when she give birth to her child. Even After baring so much pain how can you love the person who was the reason to it. I can never understand how can you smile and risk your everything to give life to someone. But she did for me.

She forgot everything after she saw her child. All her sorrows and worries were forgotten for that time. After few days Nanu returned. Maa's hopes and happiness was rising by every second when she saw her father.

But life had something else planned for her. That man who was supposed to be my father, who married my mother. Who should have been with her all this time. Whom he claimed to love. That man refused to accept that he ever got married.

"Do you know what he said?,", there was a desperation and helplessness in his voice when he looked at Nimmi. "He..he..said..that..he can never marry a court dancer. That his standards are not that low.", Nimmi felt as if someone has pulled the earth below her feet.

Vikram let it all out for the first time. For the first time in 30 years he cried his heart out. He fall on his knees, "Ram..", Nimmi sat in front of him on her knees. She held his face in her palms and wiped his tears away. This time she did not hesitate a bit to take him in her embrace. A hug of comfort, a hug of warmth and care that he always craved for.

Nimmi gave him all the time he wanted. She couldn't believe Vikram went through so much since he came to this world. Without asking anything she just caressed his back trying her best to comfort him.

After what felt like forever Vikram finally looked her but didn't say anything. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to.", "No..I have to, I want to, because I want to move on now. I can't keep it inside anymore.", Nimmi just nodded while her eyes were full of tears.

My Maa, took a 10 days old child with her and traveled all the to meet that man all by herself. When she should be resting, she should be pampered she was fighting the world all alone.

When she met him, there was no guilt, no regret on his face. He was standing there with a cold face while my Maa was begging him in that big Mansion where all of them were just being audience with no emotions. She cried her heart out but instead of listening, my Maa was thrown out of that Mansion, with me in her arms. Even his parents didn't listen. They believed every word that their son told. He even refused to accept his child. Saying that the woman was behind his money, and a low class woman can do anything for money bringing someone's child.

Those words completely broke her. His words shattered her in million pieces. She wanted to die but couldn't, she lived in this world for me. "You know she always told me one thing. She said Ram never, never ever love anyone in this world. There is nothing like love. It's just a fantasy, a dream that will break you. Leaving pieces that will never be together ever.", Nimmi's eyes that were welled up with tears were now flowing non stop.

"But know, when I saw you. When I heard your voice, for the first time I wanted to believe in love. But I'm scared, I'm scared of love, of relationship, I'm scared of being alone when you'll leave.", "I don't know if I will ever be able to love you, but for some reason I don't want you to go away. I want you, I need you but I don't know if I'll ever be able to love you."

"So, even if you say no, I'll not ask anything because we all deserve the best in our lives.", Vikram gave a smile but there was a worry hiding in those eyes. He must have said he won't mind but the truth was he would completely break with her one no.
———————

This chapter is vey emotional. I literally got so emotional while writing this.

Hope you'll like it

Do comment and let me know how do you like the chapter??

See you all in next😘