10 - His Care and Worry

AUTHORS' POV

Vikram jumped in to save Nimmi who was at the bottom of the pool. Pulling her with him, Vikram helped her come out. Manager helped them both with his staff and provided them with towels to dry themselves off.

Vikram took it to place it on her shoulder and Nimmi held it tight, with another he dried her hair, not caring what others or Nimmi would say. He was just worried she might catch a cold.

Vikram didn't say anything. All he did was giving a cold hearted expression, while drying Nimmi's hair. "Vik...", before she could even say anything Vikram gave her a warning glare and she shuts.

"Could we have the Cheque please?", Vikram asked one of the waiter and after paying they left. Vikram opened the door for Nimmi, still all silent. Even though he was mad but he still knew his manners.

"But why is he mad?, because I ruined our date?", Nimmi's eyes kept following Vikram when he shuts the door and walked around to his seat behind the wheel.

Vikram  starts the engine getting to somewhere when he glanced at Nimmi. He instantly hits the break parking his car on the side. Nimmi's head was down, looking at her hands, when a lone tear escaped her eyes and fell on her palms. She quickly cleared it away, thinking Vikram didn't see.

"Nimmi...?", his voice was soo soft and gentle that she couldn't believe if it was actually him. But she couldn't trust herself and ignored him still looking towards her lap.

Vikram came out of car and went to Nimmi's side opening the door. Putting his palms on her cheeks lightly, he made her look up. Her eyes were red and full of tears.

"Hey...what's wrong?", he asked with worry all over his face. "I..I..I'm sorry..", she said bursting into tears. "You're sorry for what?", he asked. "For.. ruin..ruining our date and spoiling your mood..", it almost came out as a whisper. Nimmi tried averting her gaze but Vikram didn't let go her.

"I'm not mad because our date got ruined. I was scared to see you like that in that pool. I thought something happened to you. How could you be so careless..huh?",

"But I wasn't careless. I slipped in when I bent to take something from pool", Nimmi bit her lip. Like a child was about to be caught. "What!?", he couldn't believe. "But why?",

Nimmi looked down to her feet and Vikram followed her eyes. She wiggled her right foots' fingers. "Seriously, if you slipper fall in, you could have told me or anyone else.", Vikram couldn't believe this girl.

"Arey...I could have but you all were busy there and chappal, Wo khraab ho jati pani main. Pure 500 ki li thi.(and Slipper, it's 500₹, it could have got ruined in water), her eyes getting bigger by each second while five fingers. Vikram puts two fingers on his temples rubbing them. "You jumped in to get your slipper?", he couldn't believe.

"Haan toh mujhe kya pataa tha ki paani itna gehra hoga. Vaise bhi main chappal hath se nikal rahi thi, Aur Gir gayi."( So, how would I know that water is soo deep. Anyway I was trying to get it with my hand lost balance.", Nimmi said with a fake anger and a pout. Which made a giggle escaped his lips even after so much of controlling which made Nimmi laugh as well.

Vikram shook his head in looked her. The moment they both locked eyes, a sudden spark of emotion emerged and they were just mesmerised by each others presence. Vikram's hand moved involuntarily to her face as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek lightly.

They both leaned in with a slow movement, not wanting to break the spell. Their faces were inches apart and they were about to have their first kiss of life when "Aa..Aa...Aachuu...!!", Nimmi sneezed and their magical moment was spoiled.