42 - Flaws

It's a humble request to read the note at the end of this chapter,,, it's a special message for each and every beautiful soul who's reading this. ❤️❤️

Message and likes nahi bhi karoge aaj toh chalega but don't miss this letter is self appreciation that belongs to you all.🥺❤️❤️
————————————
AUTHORS' POV

She was still laughing standing on the side when Vikram came out of his thoughts. Not liking what she said, he took long steps and before she knew Vikram held from her arm and turned her to face him.

Nimmi had a confused look on her face while her lips were stil with a smile on them. Pushing her glasses back she asked Vikram, "Aap...aap"she looked behind and then back at him , "itni jaldi kaise aaye, Aur yeh mooh kyun sadaa rakha hai?"(how did you reach so fast and what's with the grumpy face?)

Vikram did not say anything and taking a deep breath took his anger away. "Come, let's sit", entwining their fingers he walked her to sit by the pool, removing their shoes and dipping their feet in. He helped Nimmi with her dress skirt and sat beside her.

Nimmi was looking him confused, to why he was so serious all of the sudden. But didn't say anything, knowing he'll tell everything himself.

Vikram didn't know how to start, he was looking towards the water while his both hands her holding Nimmi's right one, fidgeting with it.

After what felt like eternity Nimmi called his name, "Ram?", her voice was so soft still so chirpy to him, that he couldn't control and spills the question, "Why did you say that?",

Nimmi had a confused expression so Vikram explained , "Calling yourself names?", Nimmi still couldn't get he was trying to say.

With a small amusement in her tone she, "What do you mean? Why you're being so indifferent suddenly?"

"Begum.."his voice came out stern, which made her quite. Was she really that reluctant to her own thoughts and emotions or was she pretending? Vikram was looking into her eyes, trying to find out it's answer.

"You know what I mean", his words came out as a state, looking her, but Nimmi couldn't hold his gaze, she showed the hesitation that you see when someone tries to hide something or lies.

Vikram tucked a finger her chin tilting her head up. "Will you tell me?", he asked hopefully.

At that moment Vikram didn't look like that rude, arrogant, cold person who looked so dangerous that your throat gets dry, but a sweet gentle caring and loving husband who could do anything for his love.

Not knowing what to say, Nimmi just shrugged her shoulders with a heart breaking and sad smile. Maybe she never led anyone get into her mind much, or gave anyone that power to effect her self esteem but somewhere deep down those words and comments from years did make a house in her heart.

She always ignored them away, or tried to keep them buried in her. "I..I..a..", the couldn't come out.

"I don't want you to think of yourself like that. Or call yourself with such names.", Vikram said in a clipped tone, not leaving any room for argument.

A small chuckle escaped Nimmi's mouth , making him confuse. He didn't say anything and waited for her to say further.

Nimmi moved her gaze up, looking straight into his eyes. "Ram, not calling myself with a name won't change the facts of who or what I am.",Vikram still didn't say anything because he wanted to know, wanted to understand what his Wife thinks.

Nimmi sits with her back straight and holds both Vikram's hands facing her. "Look I'll explain.", there was a look that he couldn't resist.

"How many people on an average compliment you on your looks and personality?", she asked.