21 - I don't wanna know

Sorry guys...I slept midway while typing after work..so didn't uploaded yesterday.

Like, comment and share your thoughts 😘
——————
AUTHORS' POV

"Maa you are the purity, honor, and holiness, just like this flower.', you are the bravest woman in this world.", a six year old didn't know what that meant but she broke into tears. She embraced me so tight as if her life depended on it. She fell on her knees and cried holding that flower in her hands.

"I don't know how long she cried but all that time she kept repeating one thing. That she loves me the most and I'm the angel of her life.", by the time he finish, Nimmi's eyes were filled with tears and a lone tear betrayed her escaping.

"That's why I call her angel maa, because she was the one who made my mom realize her true worth and made me her angel.", he wiped the tear away with his thumb and gave a warm smile.

"You don't want to meet her.", Nimmi questioned. "Nope, I think it's better this way.", was all he said and sat straight to drive. All the way to their house Vikram was lost in his thoughts while Nimmi kept stealing glances.

"What is it, Begum?", he asked while his eyes still fixed on road. "Nimmi cheeks turned crimson again for the nth time. she bit her inner inner cheek to stop the blush.

"Umm...nothing.", she turned her face to the other side with a smile in her face. Soon they reached Vikram's house when she asked, "Why are we here?", "You'll see.", saying he came out of the car and opened Nimmi's door.

When she entered, her mouth left open and eyes as big as saucers. Vikram's house was not looking any different from a designer showroom. All the dresses, shoes, bags and jewellery was on display.

"When did arrange all this?", she asked turning around and looking up. "You don't need to worry about that.", while his fingers were tucking her hair back and other hand was in his pocket.

Nimmi was grinning like a child. "What??", he rolls his eyes knowingly that she'll ask something unwanted to him. "You also help me.", "NO...no no no no, you know I hate shopping.", Nimmi didn't gave an ear to his words and pulled him for her help.

Vikram rolled his eyes but gave in at the end. For next 2 hours Nimmi made him her personal advisor for their wedding shopping asking him questions about likes and dislikes.

After they both were done choosing everything, Nimmi was telling how she won't let him see her in wedding dress until she reaches the aisle, when "I'm leaving tonight.", "And you wo...", her words haltered hearing his words.

There a moment of silence between them that no one wanted to break. Nimmi felt disheartened but she didn't show it in her face, while Vikram felt a little disappointed for not getting any reaction but he didn't let it show either.

"Come", Vikram entwined their fingers and walked towards the pool. Her tiny hand  felt so perfect in his big and rough hand. As if it was meant to be with her.

Dipping their feet in pool they both sat there. It was a peaceful and comfortable silence that was filling the space. Cool breeze was blowing and ruffling of trees was filling that sweet silence.

Nimmi puts her head in Vikram's shoulder hugging his arm. She didn't wanna let him go especially when she was starting to know him. "Aren't you gonna ask me, where I'm going and how long will it be?", Vikram questioned.

"No..", Nimmi said in a soft and sad voice. "I don't want to count days. I just want you to be by my side in 10 days.", she looked up putting her chin on his shoulder and gave a toothy smile.

"Aren't you showing your teeth a lot these days.", he said brushing his nose with hers. "Mere toothpaste main namak hai"(my toothpaste have salt.), Vikram gave a Are you kidding me look.

"Nimmi who gave a proud face emoji look, looked at Vikram who was still with that same expression. "Bad joke?", "This time? Actually very bad", and they both burst into laughter.

"By the way, you do realize that you can hide this with your makeup right?", Vikram pointed at her bandage. "Yeah, I but don't have anything with me right now.", Nimmi while her feet playing in water.

"Well, in that case you need to be prepared. Because bandages won't work every time.", Vikram warned her in his low husky voice and passed a wink. Nimmi gulped hard visibly.

No words were coming out of her mouth as Vikram was was coming closer each second. Nimmi closed her eyes waiting for him but didn't do anything.

She opened one eye to see and found him smirking leaned back. "Haww....you cheat.", Nimmi was just about to hit his arm when he looked with a warning reminder look.

She sighed loosing her shoulder and after that both sat talking for another hour when Vikram told her about her transfer from hospital. He got everything ready so that she can work after their marriage with the same hospital branch in Rajasthan.

Though she'll have to wait for 2months before joining there as it was on a special request so they had to change their position and the one who agreed needed some time. Later he dropped her home.

Before coming out of the car Nimmi felt the urge to hug him one last time before he leaves. She didn't know for how long he won't be in front of her. So, not thinking twice she threw her arms around Vikram and hugged him. Vikram felt so happy and wanted. For the first time he was able to know what it feels like it come back to someone who is waiting just for you.

He rubs her back gently in circular motion. "Come back soon, okay.",saying Nimmi looked up hesitantly, then Taking a deep breath she kissed his right cheek and ran from the car.

Vikram chuckled at her child like cute behavior and shooking his head mouthed a goodbye and went off.

Things were going all perfect and happiness was all around. In just 10 days there wedding functions would start. It seems like the universe was finally in Vikram's favor. But, was it really or a new chapter was about to open?
—————-

That's it for guys.

Share your thoughts and do tell how was the chapter.

Like share and comment if you like.😘

In next chapter I will start their wedding trope.

When Nimmi shares her silly Toothpaste wala joke
Le Vikram's brain Wifi:

When Nimmi shares her silly Toothpaste wala joke Le Vikram's brain Wifi: