Vikram tilted her head trying to understand. He thinks a little and remember and then answered her. "I mean they aren't much now , being their boss they don't say anything, but do get a lot of glances and whispers behind me.But back in college days I did got quite a lot of them."

He tells honesty, remembering all the times when all the female employees and would keep stealing glances, ever time he'd pass from there or in his meetings and the whisper talks he'd hear about during lunch breaks Vikram always made sure to have his secretary to keep every bit of a detail of what is going on behind his back.

Though he wasn't too fond of all those stares and especially the gossiping but he never really did anything, knowing no matter what they won't stop.

A small smile formed on her face seeing his honesty. "Exactly, so you know what others think or talk about you. Even though you might not like it, but somewhere it does gives a boost of confidence to you. It makes you feel special wanted and accepted.", Vikram didn't say anything, he was trying to wrap the word.

"He waits for her to continue but when she just keeps fiddling with his fingers, he asked, "Begum, Aap kehna kya chahti hain?",(what are you trying to say?)

"I mean, jis Tarah aapko unn sab gossips Aur glances se ek confidence boost milta hai. Isi tarah mujhe bhai bachpan se hi itni sari baatein sun kar unn pe yakeen karne ka Mann karne laga tha. Aur main apne aap ko wo sab manti thi aur shayad aaj bhi manti hoon. Bas farq sirf itna hai ki pehle main roti thi. Aur humesha sabse durr bhagti thi.
(i mean ,like you get a confidence boost from those gossips and glances, just like that since childhood I've heard so many things that I started believing everything, every word that anyone ever said. The only difference is that I would always cry back then.), she looked up. Her eyes were glistening with unshed tears.

Vikram's heart clenched seeing his Begum like that. "That's not true Begum. You are perf...", before he could say anything Nimmi puts her palm on his lips and shook her head, telling him not to complete.

"Please don't say it", she begs with her eyes. "Please don't say something that's not true. I know who I am and what I look like. I'm not saying that i don't care what others say or think. But I've learned to accept and move on. I know what my flaws are, and that's what makes me different from others and I love that.", she removes her hand from his lips and puts on his cheek.

"Ram, I don't want to change who I am. It took me years to fall in love with Nimmi. I don't want to loose her. And even though it hurts, when people mock me I'm still happy because,", she paused and came closer to Vikram.

Vikram also leaned in, "because..?",he questioned. "Because there's an Arrogant but sweet, rude but cute Vikram Singh Chandravanshi who falls in love with this Nimmi and do anything for her. And that's more than enough for me."

Nimmi brushed her nose with his with giggle and kissed it. Making Vikram smile too. Though he was smiling for his wife. There was a lump forming in his throat, a guilty feeling that started taking place in his heart.

He was soo caught up in his problems that he never paid attention to what his wife ever felt. He never thought if she might be having insecurities or fears that she needs someone to share.

"I'm sorry Begum for not being enough for you. I was so caught up in my sorrows that I didn't appreciated the gem I've got. But I promise from now on, you will always have me. Every time you fall I'll be there to hold you. I will shield you from all the pain that ever comes your way. I promise to shower you with so much love and care that you'd only see and hear me. You will forget everything that ever happened to you in past.", he made a promise to himself.

Yes, he was in love. He loved his Begum, his Nimbu but still, he was holding it back. That's why when Nimmi said Vikram Singh Chandravanshi loves this Nimmi he didn't say anything. Infact it made him even more happy to know that. His wife understands him so much that without him even saying anything she read everything through eyes.
——————————————
That's it for today.

Baki ka Kal.

Let's see what will they both do, to help each other overcome their problems and insecurities or ghosts of past.

NOTE: yes people it's true we all have insecurities and as we grow we start accepting things with time and start moving on. All those words and actions that shaped our life stays with us forever.

It's true that as we grow stronger as we become more mature to handle everything and understand that these words doesn't matter but deep down we still know that those actions or incidents are what us what we are today.

If you wanna cry you should cry, but never forget that what you are and who you are, YOU ARE STILL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND PRECIOUS GEM IN SOMEONE'S LIFE.
IT DOES'NT HAVE TO BE ONLY A VIMRAM OR NIRMAAN OF YOUR LIFE to make you realise that.

NO, BE YOUR OWN SUBI AND NIMMI. LOVE YOURSELF FOR YOU , LIKE NIMMI DOES WITHOUT ANYONE'S HELP. ACCEPT YOUR FLAWS LIKE SHE DOES.
ACCEPTING YOUR FLAWS IS NOT WRONG BUT PITYING YOURSELF IS.

IT TOOK YEARS FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND THAT. But now I love me for me.

Love yourself and flaunt yourselves in the world and be your own version of NiMmi❤️❤️❤️❤️mera wala LOL(lots of love)