One Hundred-Six

Casey

Today was finally the day. The day I had been waiting for, for the past few weeks. It was finally here. I didn't understand my excitement, it was just a date with my best friend. But then again, since I've been back we haven't really had a day to ourselves. And with the recent status of my relationship and him and my sister getting pregnant... twice, we haven't been able to hang out.

So yes, I was excited to have more than a few hours alone with the man—the whole day to be exact. Even if we spent our time running errands and taking care of things he needed around the house, I was okay with that. 

"I'd think you were romantically involved with him with how you're behaving," Mallory mutters, entering the bedroom with a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I hum and raise my brows as I eye the brown-skinned beauty. Her gorgeous frame was hidden behind a red silk robe accentuating her curves and hard nipples. 

Biting my lip, I keep my eyes glued to her. "Who says I'm not?" I question jokingly as I make my way over, her body begs me to stay here with her instead of heading out and spending the day away from her. 

Mallory eyes me as she places her plate on the nightstand. Pulling me into her, she rests her hands on my chest, cognac-brown eyes meeting my gaze, sending sparks throughout my body. All I could think about was Kathryn telling me I'm more than a tad bit whipped and I can't do anything but agree with that statement.

This brown-skinned beauty absolutely has me in a choke-hold and she knows it. Licking my lips nervously, I allow my gaze to venture away from hers. Her plump lips are tempting and God knows I can't will myself away from the urge to kiss or suck on them. 

A smile finds its way to her lips as she pulls away, my skin burning where her hands were, missing the warmth she provided. "You better finish getting ready, wouldn't want to delay your day with your best friend," she mutters, teasingly, knowing I wanted nothing more than to hear her call my name erotically.

I watch the woman a bit longer before nodding my head in agreement. Who knows when I'd get a chance like this again? Ignoring my desire to rip her robe off, I turn my back to her and head into the bathroom. I continue with my previous task— getting ready for my date. 

Just as I finish with the last few touches of my outfit, my phone rings on queue. Smiling, I make my way toward the bed, where Mallory is already holding my phone out for me. Thanking her, I take the device from her hand and answer once I see it's Edwin. 

"I have some bad news," he mutters causing my face to fall, not wanting to hear him finish his sentence. "Seriously, Eddie? I was excited for this day! We've been planning this for a week and now you hit me with this shit?" I groan.

The man sighs, "Can you at least let me finish? Geez. I was just going to say that I have to shit. So I kind of need to blow up Mallory's bathroom," he mutters.

My mouth hangs open. "Why didn't you lead with that?" I hiss.

Edwin chuckles, "Because I love irritating you. It's kind of in the job description." I frown as I hear him cackling on the other side of the phone. Shaking my head, knowing I wasn't really upset with him, I tell him to head up before ending the call. Letting Mallory know she'd have to air out her bathroom, she nods her head, knowing exactly what that meant.

I leave the room and head to the front door, unlocking it and letting my best friend inside. 

Once Edwin takes care of his business, we're headed out the door. I follow the Hispanic man down the stairs and to his mini-van causing me to scrunch up my nose. "Seriously? This is what you expect us to ride around in?" I question his choice of transportation.