Nineteen

Kathryn 

Wiping my forehead, I sit beside Casey, wondering if she was just as bored as I was. Christian smiled as he stepped over the seat causing the boat to rock a little and make me scared. Sitting down, the man handed his daughter a beer. "You look like you're having fun Kathryn," he joked, clearly knowing that I wasn't.

I groan and glance at my father who was too busy trying to catch fish. "When you two said you had something in mind for today, I hadn't expected you'd take us fishing," I spit, scratching my arms. Chuckling, Casey places some bait on her hook before throwing it into the water, "This is kind of fun." 

"What's fun about this? There are a dozen mosquitos and it's hot as hell! I haven't caught a damn fish and I'm bored," I spit causing the three to laugh.

My father eyes me, "You were never one for nature, I see things never change."

I shake my head, "I'm all for nature. When it's not 98 degrees!"

Once again laughter is heard all around me. I frown and slap my arm, hoping I killed the bug that's been sucking my blood. Unfortunately, there was no dead bug on either my arm or hand. Chuckling, Casey hands me a water bottle from the cooler. I smile at the woman and grab the bottle from her, opening it. 

I take a few sips before closing the bottle and setting it down. "So, what are you two doing for your wedding? Are you still planning for it to be this year?" my dad questions.

Shaking my head, I lean on Casey. "We decided to postpone it until next year so we can plan. Plus I can't really get fitted if I'm pregnant so it only makes sense to wait." Brown eyes land on me before moving to her father. Christian hums, "Have you decided if it's going to be a small or grand wedding? What are some things you've figured out? Surely your mother and I can help out."

"I don't think it's going to be that grand. A small wedding is fine. We haven't really gone into detail about much. We plan on doing that soon once Hope gets here." I can't help but smile, hearing my fiance say that. I cannot wait. By the time my parents leave, we'll have 3 weeks until Hope's arrival. God could time move a little quicker. 

After a while, the line of Casey's fishing rod pulls grabbing everyone's attention. The woman just sits there. "Ace, what are you doing? By the time you react, it's going to get away!" I hiss annoyed. She smiles, "Just watch and learn, love."

I sigh and roll my eyes. Honestly, I didn't want to learn how to catch fish, it wasn't anything that interested me. I mean sure when Casey and I had the idea to go fishing that one year I was very stoked, but I'm pregnant and it's fucking hot now. I just want to go home and relax, in an air-conditioned apartment where it doesn't smell like fish.

Casey finally began reeling the fish in after what felt like forever. It wasn't until some douche bag drove by on a jet ski, splashing water all over us. I groan in annoyance as he laughs, his friends doing the same. The circle back around us, "What are you losers doing?" one of them questions, looking like your typical Chad. 

I roll my eyes, "The hell does it look like, maybe if you spend more time using those last two brain cells of yours you'd be able to tell we're fishing," I hiss.

Casey snorts as she pulls her shirt off, exposing her toned stomach. The boy clearly didn't like how I was talking to him as he spoke up, "You're just mad you're unattractive."

"WOW, was that the best you could come up with?" I hiss, realizing I was arguing with a Chad. I can't believe I'm wasting my time, but honestly, it was a lot more entertaining than fishing. Rolling his eyes, he drove off, once again splashing us with water. His friends follow suit. Wiping my face, I sigh, "At least I'm not hot anymore."