Seventy

Kathryn 

"I'm still upset that you wouldn't let us come see you," Abigail mutters over the phone. I chuckle softly, knowing everyone was missing Josh and I. But I just wasn't ready for Mateo to meet them and vice versa. Despite them knowing about him, that's as far as I wanted their knowledge to go.

"Is it because you don't want us to meet your boyfriend? Is it because he's trans?" she questions, trying to figure out why I wouldn't let them come. I let out a breath as I set my phone down and put it on speaker as I fix my hair. "Can you keep a secret?" I question.

"Mhm," she answers a little too quickly for my liking but I dismiss any doubt I have about her answer. 

I glance at myself in the mirror, satisfied with my casual attire. It was only thanksgiving so there was no need to overdo it since I'd just be eating all day and talking with family.  "It's not just because I don't want you guys to meet Mateo yet... Casey is back," I spit.

The line goes silent and I frown the second I hear Brooklyn and Carl's voices. "WHAT!?" The two yell. "Abby!" I hiss, annoyed with my oldest sister. She chuckles, "Oh... did I forget to take it off of speaker? Oops," she mutters and I know she's lying.

I could hear Brooklyn practically snatching the phone from the woman. "Casey's back? How long has she been back? I'm so going to kick her ass the next time I see her," she spits. 

I groan, "This is precisely why I didn't want you guys to come. Believe me when I say she deserves every beating... but I think she's had enough of that for the past 4 months," I mutter. 

"Did you two get back together?" Carl questions. I glance at the phone, wondering if he was serious or not. I hear a slap and I can only guess Abigail and Brooklyn hit him for being so stupid. "What?" he mutters, "It was just a question. Some people will get back together no matter how long they've been apart... it's called true love," he spits.

Brooklyn sighs, "If that were the case, Carl, Kathryn wouldn't care about us meeting Mateo. She's clearly still dating him," she spits before continuing. "You're still dating him aren't you?"

I groan in annoyance, "YES I'M STILL DATING HIM!"

"You don't have to yell," Brooklyn spits, "It was just a question."

"A stupid question might I add. Why would I jump back into a relationship with Cas—"

"Kathryn?" I hear Mateo's thick accented voice coming into my room. I clear my throat and hang up the phone, not wanting them to ruin anything. "In here," I mutter, instructing him into the restroom. He peeks his head inside with a small smile as his eyes land on me.

I smile as he steps into the restroom, wrapping his arms around my body and pressing his lips to the top of my head. I hum sweetly as his lips slowly make their way to my neck. "Te extrañé," he mutters softly.

My smile widens. "I missed you too," I mutter, placing my hand against his head as he continues kissing my neck. "I'm jealous of Casey, she got to see you twice in three days," he mutters.

I chuckle softly, "There's nothing to be jealous about. You're dating me, you can see me whenever you want," I mutter, though I knew that much wasn't true. I wouldn't let him see me anytime Casey's around, and it will just be the two of us.

He hums and I feel his teeth nibbling my skin. "Mateo," I mutter softly, not in the mood. But he doesn't let up immediately as his lips part, sucking on the exposed skin lightly. I close my eyes as I let him do what he wants. 

"I feel like I should be jealous of her..." he mutters, bringing up the brown-skinned woman again. I furrow my brows in confusion as I open my eyes and glance at him through the mirror. "What do you mean by that?" I question.