Sixty-Seven

Casey 

My eyes land on the brunettes and blonde entering the home as Edwin and I make our way out of the home. He stops and makes a beeline to his daughter and wife, giving them a sweet kiss before we actually leave. I smile softly at how cute they are as a family. We make our way to the SUV and get inside.

"I'm still kind of surprised you agreed to come out," Eddie mutters in shock. I chuckle and nod my head, "Yeah well I figured it'd do me some good. But also after finding out Kathryn and Emily would be over, it pushed me more to get out of the house. They'd probably tag team me if Cass wasn't paying attention," I mutter rubbing my neck.

The brunette chuckles, nodding his head in agreement. "Do you think your relationship with either of them will get better? Like will you all be friends again?" he questions, genuinely curious.

Letting out a breath, I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not sure, Eddie. I would like to be friends with them again, it feels weird not being on friendlier terms but I did hurt them both so it's understandable that they're both very upset with me. I don't know when either will be able to forgive me."

Humming, he nods his head and pulls out of the driveway. "How do you feel about Mateo?" he questions, reminding me of the meeting. I groan internally and let out a breath. "He's nice and attentive and I don't want to like him."

"Why not?" he questions.

I glance at him, wondering if he was being serious. "Edwin, who the hell in their right mind has ever been friends with their ex's boyfriend?" I question and he gets ready to answer. But I quickly stop him and rephrase my words. "Who in the hell would want to be friends with the boyfriend of the woman they're still in love with?"

"So you're still in love?" he questions, already knowing the answer to that. I scratch my nose and glance at him, displeased that he was teasing me in a way. But I decide to play along. "What reason would I have not to be?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. I guess you leaving would've been reason enough."

"I didn't leave because our relationship got unbearable, Edwin. I left because I was grieving. There was nothing to make me fall out of love with her. But it makes sense for her because I was the one who left without a call or text. It makes sense that she's fallen out of love with me," and the truth of the matter hurt.

It was painful knowing Kathryn was in a new relationship but she clearly deserved someone who wouldn't leave her. Especially in the state she was in. And Mateo fits that criterion. But I just hate being unable to find a reason to hate him. He was literally so likable that even if he cursed me out I'd still like him.

He sighs, "It must suck for you," he mutters sadly. I smile softly and shake my head. "I'll get over it. It'll take me a while but I will have to. Maybe I'll start sleeping around again," I mutter.

Brown eyes land on me and he snorts. "You know, we say it makes sense for you to go back to your hoe-ish ways but speaking truthfully, you're not that person anymore. Sleeping around isn't for you anymore, you want to have an emotional connection with someone," he spits.

I groan in annoyance as I nod my head. "You're right Edwin. I really do want to have someone I can talk to and be comfortable with. I haven't been interested in sleeping around for 2 years, I don't think it's going to change any time soon unless I find a woman who I want in more ways than one."

"And unfortunately, right now... the only person who fits that description is Kathryn," he spits teasingly. I pout and nod my head. We talk more about the brunette and her best friend before finally making it to Main Event.