Forty-Five

Kathryn 

Sleeping seemed near impossible since the night I moved in with my best friends. And that's not to say they make a lot of noise or anything, it's just insomnia can be a real bitch sometimes. I barely managed to sleep on the second night but it was going on the third night since I 'moved in'.

Yawning for the 5th time this morning, I force myself to shower, hoping I wouldn't have to run into the blonde and brunette who own this home. I grab a loose t-shirt, baggy shorts, and a pair of boy shorts before making my way into the hallway bathroom.

I quickly strip once I close and lock the door before turning on the water and letting it get hot. My shower lasts for an hour and a half before I decide to get out. Once I'm dressed, I brush my teeth and exit the restroom, just in time to spot Sophia and Emily down the hallway. I furrow my brows, surprised they were up so early especially since it was Sunday.

Making my way into the guest bedroom, I set my things on the bed before heading into the living room to be nosy. Almost immediately, brown eyes land on me. "Oh, morning," Sophia smiles. I reciprocate her actions before taking a seat on the couch. 

"Alright, I'll be back. Make breakfast," the brunette mutters, placing a kiss on her wife's cheek before heading for the day. Emily groans and I make my way over to her. "Where's Soph going?" I question.

Blue eyes land on me before she furrows her brows. "It's Sunday," she spits causing me to purse my lips, unsure why that was important. She sighs, "We get the kids until Saturday, which I clearly didn't think about when I decided you should stay with us," she groans, pinching the bridge of her nose.

I nod my head, understanding what she meant. Technically, I stole their room. "It's okay, I have enough room in my bed for Heaven and Haven to have somewhere to sleep," I suggest. Em shrugs her shoulders, "Soph might just have to clean up her office if you don't want to spend the whole week with them."

"It's fine," I smile as I sit at the table. I watch the blonde make her way into the kitchen to get breakfast started. My eyes follow her for a few seconds before I glance away, wondering if she'd be fine with talking about Casey. It's been evident to everyone and their mothers that Casey isn't exactly her favorite person and hasn't been since she decided to leave.

But unlike Emily, I haven't given up on the thought of her coming back. At least, not anytime soon. "Can we talk?" I question, playing with my hair, rejecting the idea of glancing in her direction. Though I could see her from my peripheral view.

"Uh... yeah sure, what about?" she mutters, turning an eye down on the stove. Biting the inside of my cheek, I force myself to meet her gaze. "Casey," I spit, not sure I would ever not want to talk about her or the entire situation. 

Blue eyes were annoyed and I watch the woman roll her eyes and avert her gaze elsewhere as she nods her head. It was too obvious that anything concerning my fiance (minus her mother and sister) were no longer a concern Emily was worried about. "Are you mad at her?" 

"What do you think, Kathy?" She spat but didn't allow me time to answer as she continues. "She left. And it hurts me because I spent 5 years shipping you guys, I felt like she was...your person. And she knew, knows you depend on her a lot and she just left," she mutters as she gets red in the face.

"She hasn't called or texted you, hell she hasn't even sent an email. She just left without a trance. And YEAH, it's understandable that she's hurt but so are we. And I hate that you think you need her to be okay, I mean... look at you Kathryn, you stopped paying rent, you don't look healthy, you quit your job," she rants.