Two

Kathryn Howard

"Babe, are you coming?" Casey's voice traveled the length of the hallway. I quickly stood and rushed towards the door of our room. "Where are you going?" I question, approaching her. She looks down at her phone before her brown eyes land on me again, "Grocery shopping. We need a lot of stuff."

I shake my head, not really in the mood to leave the house or walk for more than 10 minutes at that. "Be careful. Oh and while you're there, can you get some pita chips and hummus?"

Casey's brows knitted together, "Since when did you start craving pita chips and hummus?" 

I shrug my shoulders, "Since I've been pregnant with Keith." The brown-skinned girl smiled at the name, "Hope. I told you if you keep calling her Keith she's going to think her name is Keith."

Smiling, I wrap my arms around my fiance, "Whatever you say, baby." With a small peck followed by a few more, Casey finally leaves the apartment, leaving me to my own silence and thoughts. I sigh and make my way back into the room. 

My hand rubs over my small bump. I was very curious about the gender of my baby. Our baby. My smile widens at the thought. It all seems so surreal sometimes. Holding Casey's baby, having this engagement ring on my finger, living with her (kind of). None of it seemed real. Like I was in a peaceful dream. I never wanted it to end. 

The ringing of my phone startles me. I rush over, smiling when I see Casey's face on the screen. I answer the phone, "What did you forget?" I question.

She scoffs into the line, "You immediately think I'm forgetful? You have no faith in me" she jokes.

3..2..1

"Uh yeah, I forgot my wallet. Can you bring it down, please? It's on the table or couch." I sigh and shake my head, "I'll be down in a minute," I spit before hanging up. I set my phone onto the nightstand and exit the room once again. She's too predictable. I slip into my shoes, deciding to just go with her to the store instead of being home alone.

Walking into the living room, I spot her black wallet on the table and grab it. I quickly make sure her cards are inside and notice the picture in the visible side pocket. My heart thumps at the sight of the baby's ultrasound. That's so cute. I grab the keys and close the door behind me, locking it. 

Peering down the stairs, I spot Casey parked in one of the spots. I also take notice to Bella in the window talking to my fiance. She laughs at something the curly-haired girl says and I watch her hand enter the car. Through the windshield, I could see her touching Casey. 

I clench my jaw and begin descending the stairs. It's not until I get into the passenger side that Casey notices me. "Oh, I didn't see you. Did you get my wallet?" she questions, turning away from Bella. I nod my head, knowing that if I spoke my voice would probably betray me.

There was nothing to be jealous about. I knew I was the only woman Casey wanted, I was the only woman she loved on a romantic level. But somehow seeing her first lover touch her made me jealous and feel worthless. 

"Come out with me tomorrow night!" Bella smiled at my fiance. Casey groaned, "I'll think about it. Text me the details later."

Bella smiled, running her hand through her wavy dark hair. Her eyes crawled all over my fiance's face hungrily as she hit the door with her hand, a smile plastered onto her full lips. "Alright, I'll see you later."

And with that, she was finally gone. But the sightless view of Bella didn't make my jealousy fade. In fact, being alone with my significant other somehow made me more jealous. "You changed your mind?" Casey questions, putting the car in reverse. I don't answer her as my eyes glance at the scenery outside.