Sixty-Nine

Kathryn 

I pull my hair up into a messy bun before dressing in an old tank and shorts. The sound of my front door opening grabs my attention. Exiting my room, I spot Emily in the living room. "You were serious?" I question, chuckling a bit.

She shrugs her shoulders, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You will not let the poor child get some rest, huh? Where's Soph and the kids?" I question, grabbing my keys from the counter. "They went ahead of us to keep mom some company. I would've just gone with them but what fun is that?" she questions.

Laughing, I shake my head, knowing exactly what she was talking about. "Okay, I'm ready. Let's get going, I have a long day ahead of me," I muttered, slipping into my black shoes by the door. I make sure I have my phone and wallet before exiting the home with my best friend. I let her lock the door as I make my way down to the truck.

We get into the truck and put on our seatbelts before I start the engine. "Have you told her?" the blonde questions with an evil smile. "You told me not to. Should I text her?"

"You have her number? Since when?" she questions, displeased. I roll my eyes, "Since Monday. We were shopping together and I sent myself the list."

She shakes her head, "You are down bad Kathy. Down bad."

Rolling my eyes, I pull out of the parking lot and make my way to Cassandra's home. Honestly, I was beginning to regret letting Emily tag along. It's not like I really had a choice. She was going to force her way into the truck whether I liked it or not. But the person I was most worried about right now was Casey.

She's going to be tortured all day. But at the same time, I wasn't entirely feeling bad for her. I know I'm going to enjoy this. Once we arrive, I sent the woman a text to let her know I was here. "What do you think her reaction is going to be when she comes out?" Em questions with a teasing smile on her face.

"You are loving this," I state the obvious. She laughs, nodding her head as we wait for the brown-skinned woman. After a few minutes, Casey finally exits the home forcing my gaze on her and unable to turn my attention away.

Unintentionally, I bite my lip as I eye the woman. Unlike the many time I've seen her since she's been back, her hair wasn't braided and this time was left down, some of the coily strands covering her face.

She was wearing a muscle shirt, exposing her inked arms, and khaki joggers. "Damn," Emily's voice brings me out of my head. I glance at the blonde who turns her head toward me. "I hate to admit this but shit she's sexy, though she's not as ripped as she was before she left."

I clench my jaw, not bothering to speak on that as I notice Casey getting closer to the truck. Her russet eyes meet my own before they land on Emily, her face showing a strong expression of displeasure. I bite back a smile as Em glances at the brown-skinned woman. 

Letting out a breath, Casey gets into the backseat. "Afternoon," she mutters softly, putting on her seatbelt. Em turns in her seat to glance at the woman as I drive away from the home. "You got a hot date or something?" she questions.

Casey glances at me in the rearview mirror, clearly confused about what the woman was talking about. "Uh... no?"

"Then why are you dressed up? Looking sexy for who?" she continues making my ex uncomfortable. I smile softly to myself. I watch Casey glance down at herself before her eyes met blue eyes. "I'm not dressed up. I just threw on the first thing I saw," she mutters.

Em hums, "And your hair?"

"I had to take it down because it needed to be washed and Cass didn't have enough time to braid it back." The ride to Lillie's home is filled with Emily teasing the woman. Once we get there Casey groans causing me to chuckle softly. She probably didn't feel like being bothered with more company than needed today.