Forty-Four

Kathryn 

Letting out a breath, I force my eyes open as I hear movement around my bedroom. My eyes immediately land on Emily moving around my room, packing and getting ready to move me out of my apartment. She's been a bother since she sprung the news that I'd be living with her. As much as I love her and Sophia, I rather not ever live with them.

But seeing as I was too irresponsible to keep my apartment, I didn't really have a say about where I was going to be staying. However, I was allowed to stay until the day before I had to be out of this place. 

"C'mon get up, we have a lot of packing to do," Emily spat, yanking my blanket from my body. I can't help but groan as my eyes meet hers. She can only frown as she eyes me. I could see the disappointment and pity in her eyes causing me to feel like a burden. "Don't look at me like that," I spit, sitting up.

The blonde sighs as she averts her gaze, "How do I look at you then? Like you're not getting evicted and you're mentally stable? Should I act like you're not in this mess right now?" she questions.

I roll my eyes and crawl to the end of the bed where she's standing. Her eyes follow me and I watch her clench her jaw before licking her lips. "Thank you for being here and taking care of me since clearly, I don't want to," I mutter pulling her into a hug. She chuckles before pushing me away.

"I'm not the only one here to help out. Josh and Cane are here too. Sophia and Sarah are at my place making sure your new room is good and also cooking so when we're done we can go eat."

I stare at the woman in surprise. "Get dressed, we're already moving the furniture out of the living room."

"What are you guys going to do with it?" I question. Emily sighs, "Keep it in storage until it's needed or something. Lillie was talking about moving and she didn't want to keep any of the furniture she has now so maybe we can give it to her or something."

My shoulders fall at the mention of my mother-in-law's name. "Have you talked to her since the funeral?" Em questions. Clenching my jaw I shake my head, slightly disappointed with myself. But for what reason do I have to talk to her or be around her if I'm not with her daughter? 

Emily eyes me a little longer before exiting the room, giving me privacy to get dressed. Once I'm dressed in one of Casey's old red t-shirts and shorts, I make my way into the living room to help pack and move my things. 

Josh and Cane were in the process of taking my couch out of the apartment and taking it into the Uhaul while Emily was packing my kitchen. Sighing, I enter the kitchen and help her pack as well.

Silence engulfs us all for about three hours and we work efficiently. We have every piece of furniture out of the living room and dining room into the Uhaul. And everything in my kitchen was packed in boxes all that was left to do was to take them down to the truck as well. Lastly, was my room.

I sigh as Cane and I make our way into the bedroom with a few boxes. Luckily, it wasn't as trashy as it was a few days ago. "I'll start packing up the dresser, you can get started on the closet," the albino woman spoke, making her way to my dresser with a box.

Silently we begin packing. I couldn't help but feel anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach as I took some of Casey's abandoned clothes from the hangers and stuffed them messily into the box. Even 3 months later, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she left.

But if anyone knew Casey the same way I knew Casey, it just seems out of character for her to leave me the way she did. I can't accept it. Until I see her and she tells me she left, I probably would never believe that.