Chapter 118

Standing in the Protective Cylinder beside the animatronic bed, Saphira watched closely as she was instructing Gregory how to perform a routine maintenance check on Bonnie. The boy had fallen asleep the night before, so she couldn't get around to teaching him. So after the weekly rehearsals, they were now in Parts and Service. Darren was currently unaccounted for today, for some reason, which has left Saphira's no choice but to deal with the maintenance. Bonnie's jaw hinge on the right side of his face had loosened suddenly during the day, and he had to be returned to his room for safety. He couldn't participate in rehearsal because of it.

Currently, his face casings were off, and Gregory had a small flashlight in his mouth. Saphira had got him one during the day as it was always a convenient tool to have. He had two tools in his hand and was focused on tightening the hinge. It did not need replacing, and the wires were fine. So there wasn't anything unusual, just that the joint in the hinge had loosened suddenly. Saphira had shown Gregory how to turn the pain receptors off, so Bonnie was relaxed. His left eye twitched as due to the uncomfortable feeling of his jaw being prodded and he could feel the joint being tightened.

Saphira watched him closely. Freddy was in the cylinder as well, mostly to create a shield in case an endo peered through the Parts and Service windows. The other animatronics were gathered around the cylinder to do the same. Saphira hoped it would deter Springtrap from seeing Gregory. It was the only idea she had to hide him while teaching him how to maintain the animatronics.

She smiled as he was doing very well. "Almost there. Don't tightened too much, or Bonnie won't be able to move his jaw at all." Gregory just nodded as he remained in concentration. "Good boy. You're doing a wonderful just for your first maintenance work."

Gregory did not react as he focused. Saphira watched as the boy carefully tightened the jaw hinge and he soon tightened it enough. He pulled his hands away as he was satisfied and he checked the other side of the jaw before he returned to the other side to turn the pain receptors back on. He at least knew that Bonnie won't be uncomfortable anymore now that his jaw was fixed. He turned off the flashlight and stepped back to grab the console to put his face casing back on and go through the diagnostic process.

Saphira was smiling at she watching him. She had only just talked through the process of what to do with Gregory, and he had already seemed to get it. She watched him as he followed the diagnostic sequence on the console to ensure it would go smoothly. She didn't want him to get scared if he messed up and caused Bonnie to react badly to it. She remembers exactly what that was like when she made a mistake. It scared the life out of her.

Gregory sighed in relief when he completed the diagnostic process. She looked at Saphira with a smile. "I did it."

"Way to go, super star!" Freddy exclaimed enthusiastically with a smile on his face. "You did a fantastic job for your first maintenance job. Nice job! Now all we have to do is complete the log on the computer. Saphira will show you how."

Gregory smiled as Saphira walked towards the door, and he followed her out of the cylinder with Freddy behind them. He walked over to the computer and Saphira was about to tell him what to do, but Gregory read the screen and he finished the maintenance log before she could say anything. Saphira was a little surprised, but she chuckled softly as she was also very amused and she was happy that Gregory worked it out so quickly.

"I am impressed, Gregory," Saphira said in a happy tone. "You have been able to go through your first maintenance job without much help from me. You really are a talented young man." Gregory giggled and looked at Bonnie as the animatronic walked out of the cylinder. "Hopefully if we can get this mess all sorted, you can finish your school."

Gregory immediately made a face and groaned. "But school is so boring! I don't want to go to school. I would rather stay here all day, every day."