Chapter 88

The next couple hours pass by rather slowly for Saphira's liking. She was a bit disappointed that she didn't have much to do. Though she sent the new ideas through as accepted for Space Bridge, although given how the funding has been cut, she didn't know when she would see it finished for a year like the other attractions. At least Chica Coaster only needed to be themed and painted, so it wasn't far from completion. Just like Sun and Moon's Stardrop Ping Pong, though really that wasn't hard to get set up.

Saphira did notice that Mr Hippo returned to his room, he had just arrived and he went into the backroom for a recharge. Saphira smiled and lifted her wrist to communicate with him as she pressed buttons on the Fazwatch. "I see you've had a busy day, Mr Hippo."

"It is nice to hear your voice," The animatronic responded, his voice sounded weary, which was a bit unusual. "I'm just getting my recharge done. I'm quite glad that the day is over. Pigpatch is looking forward to coming back to his room too."

"I am sure the other animatronics are feeling just the same." Saphira smiled as she relaxed in her chair. "The party rooms are still pretty much full. One family has left so far...but they are so busy. I've never seen the party rooms this busy before."

"You haven't exactly been here an entire year yet," Mr Hippo said with a light chuckle. "We generally have more parties over the vacation times. And we also get a lot just before Christmas, so expect those days to be just as busy. Guests are lucky that the full cast of animatronics are here, or it would only just be Bonnie, Foxy, Freddy, Monty, Roxy and Chica, even though they all would have made any guest happy."

"That is very true. I know you and Pigpatch were in the rooms earlier as well."

"We sure were." Mr Hippo sounded less tired at this point, she assumed the recharge had been complete. "You might have a few maintenances to deal with tonight due to all these parties. Even though we need to rehearse, we almost feel like we should do the maintenance before the rehearsal."

"That bad huh?" Saphira wasn't sure if she was looking forward to tonight. "I might have to ask Freddy for a back rub by the end of it."

"Really? I didn't think you would want that yet." Mr Hippo sounded surprised that Saphira would already be after a back rub. "You don't seem to be showing yet...but...maybe I'm wrong."

Saphira grimaced a little as she didn't want to give it away. "It has only been recent that I've started asking for back rubs. I may not be showing yet...but...I still have two babies growing within me and it is going to hurt my back."

"Hmm...makes me wonder just how long you can keep up doing our maintenance," Mr Hippo said thoughtfully, Saphira could easily visualize him rubbing his chin. "I am sure Freddy won't mind if you ask him for a back rub. I know you have designated him as the father for them too, so it makes sense."

Saphira chuckled softly. "He gives the best massages honestly."

"That is good. I wish I could have a massage, but our bodies are not designed for that I'm afraid. Anyway..." Mr Hippo paused for a moment in thought. "I guess you are looking for some company. Maybe when things quieten down. It is still so busy out there, and I would be swarmed by guests again if I step out of my room. I'm actually hiding in the backroom as we speak."

Saphira chuckled again as it was amusing to hear that the animatronics did have a limit when it came to spending time with guests. "I guess you are so much like people in that regard. Oh well...I will keep watch of everything. Oh! Looks like Pigpatch is heading to his room."

"Good. He and I are looking forward to some one-on-one time together later." She could understand that as she was certain the animatronics needed to destress somehow. "I'm sure some of the others are feeling the same."