Chapter 22

It was fifteen minutes before the show was set to begin, Saphira had arrived early as she had promised to watch the show. She did not know if she would do this every week, even though she knew that Freddy probably would want her to. She would think about that, but when she arrived, she went to her office to put her things down. She was glad she had a place for that and she also was not wearing her security attire. She was wearing a purple, V neck, long sleeve shirt and a black skirt with leggings and black shoes, she had her hair tied into a waterfall braid. It was nice to wearing something that was not her security attire, she would change into it after the show though as she would need to get ready for work anyway. Saphira made her way up to the second balcony, although the smell of fresh BBQ for BBQ Gator reached her nostrils. She breathed in the smell and smiled, she had wondered if it was possible to have anything from there while she was on shift. She would have to ask Darren if she saw him tonight as she had not yet seen him. Saphira had considered pulling him aside and talking to him about the bot from her previous shift, but she did wonder if he knew about it. She hoped that was not the case because Darren has been nothing but nice to her. Maybe it was a cover, she did not know. But what would be the reason for them to even cover for Dave?

Unless they don't know and Dave is a psycho they just have not found.

"Ah, I was wondering if you were here!" Saphira had stepped off the stairs on the second balcony and smiled when she saw Darren. "I was not expecting to see you in a different getup. You look real nice."

"Thanks Darren." She noticed he was wearing a glittery, purple, zebra-striped suite tonight. "And you look snazzy, as always. Do I even want to know how much you spend on these suits?" He shakes his head with a smirk. "I thought not. Anyway, I am here nice and early. Though I am tempted to get something to eat...just it won't be free will it?"

"No, but it is discounted. But I imagine you are tight on money anyway." She nodded at him and walked over to the railing and leaned on it. Darren followed her to lean next to her. "Did you manage to get into the utility tunnels and basement last night?"

She grimaced and nodded. "Yeah...um...do I need to go there every night?"

"Yeah...it is your job I am afraid. I know it scares you, but you can take an animatronic along with you...that is if you are not scared of them of course." He did not know she took Freddy with her, that was good. She did not know if he would look at the footage at all, but she did not question it. "I hear Freddy was quite excited about tonight. Usually they are all excited, but he has been extra excited."

"Probably because I get to see the main show." Saphira smiled as she thought about Freddy. He really was going out of his way to make her happy, even if she was just another person. "I actually took him with me last night."

"Oh you did?" Darren smiled and nodded, happy that she took Freddy with her. "Good. I can see why Freddy is excited than. You and him are really becoming good friends huh? The animatronics really aren't so bad once you get to know them."

"That is true...yeah, I keep reminding myself that they are just animatronics...but I don't know..." Saphira sighed, she knew everything she knows about robots was changing since being here. Sure, the bots were just robots, but the animatronics were different. "Am I really that bad of a person to think that?"

"Yes and no. It is understandable because they are animatronics, but they are essentially sentient beings. Which means you have to really look beyond what they are and accept that they are people too." That was still something Saphira was getting used to. And she knew she would probably meet DJ Music Man officially tonight too since he will be playing music up until midnight. "I know you are seeing that too now."

"Yeah...I guess it will get easier the longer I work here." Saphira shrugged a little and looked at him with a curious expression. "But I did want to ask you...when we reached the dining hall last night...Freddy did mention some past animatronics that were here." He was surprised as she began to speak about Mr Hippo and Pigpatch. "He told me about Glamrock Mr Hippo and Glamrock Pigpatch...did something happen to them?"