Chapter 81

*Sex Scene in this Chapter*

Stepping out of the elevator into the office felt incredibly daunting at the moment. Her heart was racing in her chest, Saphira was afraid it would break her ribs at the moment. She looked up at Freddy curiously as they walk towards the lounge. She wanted to try and work out what he was thinking, feeling and maybe she would not be shocked by whatever he wanted to say to her. She couldn't help but let out a soft sob of fear.

Freddy turned his head towards her in surprise and saw her looking down with tears falling from her eyes. "Freddy...I...I really am truly s-s-sorry...I n-n-never meant to push you away," She sobbed, her hand tightened in his palm, she was trembling. "We both...we a-a-all h-h-have been through so much. But..." She glanced up at him and blinked through her tears for a moment and looked away. "If you...h-h-hate me just say so and I'll let you go."

He was definitely surprised by that and his ears lower slightly. He turned his body to her and wrapped his arm around her, she jumped in surprised and looked up at him with wide eyes. "I think you have misinterpreted what I wanted to talk to you, Saphira." He smiled gently at her as she seemed to relax slightly. "I am sorry if I frightened you. I don't hate you." She lets out a sigh of relief and a smile returned to her lips. "I have had my own time to think..."

"I suppose...even if you don't hate me..." She sniffled and wiped away a tear from her cheek. "You probably think...we should just be friends again..."

He shakes his head slowly. "I don't want to just be friends. I love you, Saphira." Her smile widened when he told her he loved her. "My love for you never wilted. I love you too much to let you." He glanced at the blanket she had tucked under her armpit. "Pigpatch was a step ahead of me."

"Aw, you were going to give this to me?" Saphira chuckled softly and hugged him. "Well...there will always be something else. But thanks for thinking of me anyway."

"You're welcome. I wanted to talk to you about...how we can...I don't know, make sure we don't lose trust in each other. Although...to be honest, I am not even sure where to start." Freddy knew that sounded silly, but he really didn't want to lose her trust again. "After all, I think you would like being able make sure it doesn't happen again."

"That is true...though, you should know it was mostly because I had very old feelings surface, and it was childish," Saphira explained softly before she moved around him to sit on the couch. She placed the blanket aside and looked at him. "I guess it wouldn't hurt. Though...honestly, if that woman is very good at making any story she has believable, I am not even sure myself."

Freddy sat down next to her as he thought about it. "Well...unfortunately cameras are not in every part of the pizzaplex. Though you can't walk around with a camera on..."

"I know. But..." Saphira thought on that with a hum. "Look, being able to record anything isn't always going to work. The fact is, you now have seen how I react if you don't believe me. It is a genuine reaction. I clearly was not lying."

"I know that now...and I really am sorry, super star." Freddy lifts his hand and brushed strands of hair from her face. "I guess it will just come down to your body language. We are unfortunately not very good at reading human body language like we thought. Monty picked up Vanessa's smugness...if she was smug, on that day." He shrugged slightly. "Maybe you can teach us more about human body language. It might...help us pick up more subtle signals."

Saphira smiled at him, placing her hand on his hand as he rested it against her cheek. "I could do that. But...not really sure how it would help at the moment. I think maybe...just remembering how I am, when I am sincere and recognizing the tone in my voice, and her voice too, you'll figure it out. I could tell her tone was fake that day. She's not a very good actor."