Chapter 9

Approaching the entrance to the Fazcade felt like she was entering a horror house instead of a bright, colourful arcade. Saphira breathed in and out deeply, DJ Music Man was only in a single spot. She knew from the cameras that the walls were very high in the arcade though, and there were tunnels all around the attraction, which meant it was made for him to walk around in. She stepped into the elevator that would take her to the arcade and she did not enjoy listening to the music this time. Once the elevator dings and the doors open, she was met with another golden statue of all the animatronics, and was the animatronics having a party with Freddy standing on top of giant speakers. She smiled a little as she entered the arcade, despite the neon lights all around, the dark walls actually made the place darker and she had to use her flashlight. She walked over to what looked like the crossroad and glanced to her right, and she gasped loudly, almost having a heart attack when she saw him for the first time in person. However, he was not awake. She blinked and got closer to the dance floor cautiously, looking at the being resting his front hands over the stairs and the other limbs stretched out as he slept. It was weird because it looked like he was breathing in a sense, or it was a mimic to sleep.

Well, if you remain asleep everytime I get here, we will get along just fine.

At least this animatronic was not free to roam the building, that would be terrifying. Now she had to find the kids who were still here. And it was a massive arcade with three floors of machines. She did not really know why it was needed, but she guessed the business made a heap of money on these machines as tokens can be purchased to play here. It was a little creepy in a way with these many machines and how dark it felt even with all the neon lights on. She walked around carefully, she wanted to check the bottom floor first as most of the games were pretty much the same. Thankfully, she only had to check the bottom as she heard laughter coming from one of the machines. She saw a group of boys who appeared to be about eight years old, they were watching a young lad with red hair play one of the arcades and he appeared to be very good at it because he has not lost to it yet. She hummed and checked her Fazwatch to find their profiles, and discovered they had come here with two families, and they were already checked out and probably waiting for them in the lobby.

Saphira walked over to the three boys, glancing at the screen for a moment and smiled. "Nice game, you seem to be doing very well."

"I just past level twenty-four and I am almost done!" The red-haired boy said excitedly, not looking at the girl as he focused on his game.

"Watcha doing coming over here and creeping over us anyway?" The blonde boy asked snarkily while curling his nose slightly.

Saphira rose an eyebrow at him and smiled slightly. "Timothy right? I am Saphira, I am the security guard and unfortunately Fazcade is going to be closed very shortly. You all need to finish what you are doing because your parents are out in the lobby waiting for you."

Timothy was startled Saphira knew his name, and even more startled to know their parents were waiting for them. "Well, we will leave when he wins."

"He gets one chance to do that, and then you have to leave," Saphira said softly, leaning against the machine next to her as she gave the boy a chance to beat the game.

The boys cheer and they keep their full attention on the arcade screen. Saphira did not pay too much attention, only for when the boy would win or lose. With the other two boys egging him on though, it may not end well. She did know a prize was given to someone if they beat one of the arcade machines so she would have to uphold that if he did win, but that was not a difficult task.

"Oh no!" The boy gasped and frowned as he focused. "I can't heal now! What do I do?!"

"You can do it man!" Timothy encouraged his friend, watching the screen with a smile. "Just swipe and jump back to keep away from the big boss."