Chapter 40

Next shift, and Saphira arrived at the pizzaplex again. She had thrown out the clothes that had Cliff's blood on them, even if they could be cleaned, she wanted nothing to do with them at all. After all, Darren would provide her with more uniforms, he sent her an email letting her know that he left some in her office, which she was very glad for because she didn't know what she was going to do otherwise. She could buy another white shirt if she wanted to, but thankfully she didn't need to waste her on that. However, she was very excited she was considered manager now. But that meant she might have the role of hiring another person to be a night guard. Sharing the attention of the animatronics didn't sit right with her. Especially Freddy. Last thing she wanted to deal with was guards dropping out only after a week. Although Darren reassured her that wasn't the case, she was just given more duties, not just scouting the place. Saphira now had to deal with the security bot system directly, that was going to be fun.

When she turned up wearing casual attire, Saphira stopped in front of the pizzaplex, gazing up at it thoughtfully. She knew she would be walking back into a battlefield again essentially. Now that Dave gave himself away, that meant she had to figure out how to catch him to have him fired and put into a mental hospital. But she wondered how the hell he became brainwashed in the first place. Mr Hippo said that someone had to stare at the screen and listen to the voices long enough for it to affect someone. What did that mean exactly? She was lucky she had tonight to speak to him about it because she wanted to understand exactly what she was dealing with. Even if the animatronics did not know how this virus was alive, Saphira could maybe trace it and kill it at the source. That might be wishful thinking though.

Saphira stepped into the building, and she gazed around at the employees and guests who were in the lobby. All these people had no idea what was happening within this place. They were going about their day, and Saphira was a little jealous. Her life might not have been normal, not by a long shot, but she didn't ask for any this kind of violence against her. She gained new friends, and she might have her first boyfriend in her life, even if he was just an animatronic, and she revived someone who she liked almost right away, she didn't want this violence against her. She hoped once she deals with Dave, it would stop. She continued to walk through the lobby and glanced at the elevator going up to the new area right above the attraction, it appeared it was being tested as much of the building material was gone, the floor was finished and it seemed like it was almost ready. Unfortunately, Darren was not here today to tell her all about it. Nor was Cliffton.

Saphira walked up to the elevators, she did pause and look at the daycare doors, wondering how Sun was doing. She didn't know if Sun could remember what Moon had done or not, but they both had kept away from each other as best as they could. She felt sorry for him. She assumed that the virus that told hold of Happy Frog, Pigpatch, Orville and Foxette was in control of Moon too. That would make sense. She turned away from the doors and stepped into the elevator and glanced at her Fazwatch to check the cameras. She found there were new cameras on in Glam Row, and she smiled, she couldn't wait to actually go and see it, so she didn't dare peak at the cameras as it would be spoiled for her otherwise. She would hope tonight would be normal, but she had a bad feeling. It has been brewing during the day, and she could not shake that awful feeling. She did look to see where the animatronics would be though. She first checked the daycare area cameras, she was surprised to see Sun on the cameras. He was playing a game with some kids currently it seemed, he seemed pretty happy which was good. She clicked to the Fazbear Theatre, and there he was. Mr Hippo was talking to a huge crowd of kids telling them a story, making gestures and tried to make funny faces to tell whatever story he was telling them. Saphira definitely wondered if she should join them, but if it was the middle of the story, she would have no idea what he was talking about. Freddy and Chica were in the party rooms serving cake to kids and their families. Foxy was at Kid's Cove like he always was. Roxy was on the raceway racing a group of teenagers who were determined to beat her while Roxy was as competitive as ever. Monty was on his stage in Monty Golf putting on a performance, Saphira smiled as she saw so many people dancing to him and he appeared to be having a lot of fun dancing and singing on the stage. It felt like a near normal night, Saphira wished she felt like that. She stepped out of the elevator, stepping around the map bot hanging around the elevators to make her way down to the bottom of the atrium. She began to look for Bonnie. She clicked through the cameras and found him in Bonnie Bowling on his stage. She smiled, she was glad they had a good day. Hopefully the horrors of the night before were gone from their mind.