6 - Sham - e - Awadh

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I was lost somewhere", he tells. "So?", she asked and then added, "it's okay, if you don't want to. I mean I'm just a stranger and we barely know each other. I know you know my brother and all that but you hardly know my name....", Nimmi was non stop with her blabbering when Vikram rolled his eyes and smiled. He shook his head and puts a finger on her lips to stop. "You talk too much.", he said but Nimmi couldn't concentrate on his words .

A jolt went through her body. She literally froze feeling his touch on her lips. And a very stupid thought came to her mind. "Kiss his hand", and she shuts her eyes throwing the thoughts in the dungeons of her mind.

Nimmi folds her hand and apologized, "Sorry sorry sorry, kanha ji sorry. Pata nahi kya kya sochti hoon main."(sorry sorry sorry god. I don't know what I keep thinking.)

Vikram looked her in amusement after removing his finger to whatever she was mumbling under her breath with her hands folded.

"This girl is crazy." He thought and smiled. "Haan so what was I asking? Yes, what happened?", "Nothing, I just don't like being around too many people.", and he puts hands back putting his Weight on them.

Nimmi understood it's better to leave this topic for now. "You really have a loving happy family, don't you?", he asked more like stated seeing her happy nature and the biggest smile possible was on her face.

"I have bestest family of this world. My Dadu Dadi, I'm their favorite grandchild and of Chachu and Chachi as well. Saurav and Kartik are their kids.", she tells looking back where everyone was and so did Vikram.

"And Basanti, uski to main jaan hoon. She is my best friend.", she tells and Vikram tilted his head. "Basanti?", he asked. "Basanti my mumma.", she tells with a proud smile. Vikram returned her smile and asked, "And your father?", felling the word foreigne to himself.

"OH MY GOD", she stood abruptly followed by Vikram. "What's wrong?", "I forgot to call Nirma.", she tells and excused herself to make call. "Nirma? As an Washiing Powder., what?", he thought wile looking at her back when she was walking down making a call.

A hand patted his shoulder and turned to see everyone standing with a curious look. "You here?", Ananya asked with a smirk. She was the only one who know that both Nimmi and Vikram left almost at the same time and saw them talking.

Only she knew how she had to stop everyone from not leaving and find them. Especially that stupid boy Saurav. Who would turn to find them after every 5 minutes.

They all were talking when Nimmi also joined them. "Dii where were you?", she hesitated for a moment and looked at Vikram but then told them, "I was talking to Nir..., I mean Papa." There eyes almost popped out when she was about to blurt Nirmaan's nick name. But Vikram understood that she was talking about her father when said that name. And he chuckled inwardly. "Buddhu", he thought.

"Let's go back.", Kartik tells and they all started walking towards the exit. While everyone was walking together, Vikram was walking at the back doing something in his phone. Nimmi looked at slowed her steps and thankfully no one noticed.

She didn't turn but kept walking in front of Vikram and close enough so that he could hear. "Vaise kabhi kabhi aisi suhaani shaam ka mazaa bhi le Lena chaiye.",(By the way sometimes one should enjoy such beautiful evenings.), Vikram looked up from his phone and noticed her walking close by in front of him.

"Sham ko akele Guzarne main kya mazaa?", he said in his low husky voiceand a corner of his lips lifted up when he returned back. Nimmi bit her lip and smiled to herself.

" Aap pooch ke to dekhiye, shayad koi saathi hi mil jaaye. Waise bhi
Sham-e-Awadh ka mazaa akele nahi aata.",( At least ask someone. You might find a partner. And you can't enjoy such glorious evenings all alone.)she turned to look at him and he was amazed to hear those words.

Nimmi smiled with her hands locked behind her back, when she blushed seeing his smirk and turned running back to the crowd.

Vikram kept looking at her back thinking if she was actually hinting him to ask her out on a date. With a smug smile he kept walking when, "of course, you have to show up.", he looked at his sister who came running to her.

"So..what did she say?", Ananya wiggled her brows with a mischievous smile on her lips. "Nothing you need to know.", Vikram replied getting back to his phone. When , "Nimmi Dii.", Ananya screamed and Vikram had to put his hand on his sister's mouth to shut.

"There was nothing. She told me about her family that's all.", Ananya made a pout saying it's too boring. "By the way, tell me something? What does Sham -e- Awadh means.", he asked nonchalantly and Ananya's eyes went as wide as saucers.

"Please tell me she said this to you.", Ananya held her brother's shoulder and pleaded. "What, she was just saying I should enjoy such evening.", he tells. "With someone...", Anaya sang those words.

"Bhai..she is giving you clear hints.", Vikram rolled his eyes on his sister's wild imaginations. "Do whatever you want to. You'll regret if someone else asked her out first." Clearly hinting towards Rishi.

Saying so she went to all of them and hugged Nimmi and said bye to everyone there making sure to exchange her number with Nimmi.

Rishi left saying, "See you tomorrow.", and Vikram took a sigh of relief that he left. He shook hands with Katik said bye to him and Saurav. Kartik told Nimmi to wait until he brings the car and Saurav ran begging his elder brother to let him drive.

Anaya left making excuse she forgot something inside leaving them alone.

Nimmi bit her lower lip in nervousness. She said all those things in too much of confidence but she was getting second thoughts to what will he think about her.

Vikram thought and turned to her saying

Baki kal tomorrow.😘
Abhi ke liye itna hi...

My readers heart after finding their cliffhanger: