LEVEL 90 - "Work Studies?"

LOGGING ON...

A/N: SO CLOSE TO OVERHAUL ARC AND I'M EXCITED!!!

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

"Now, we'll hear from the extra-curricular guidance teacher. Please give Mr. Hound Dog your attention." Vlad King announces as Hound Dog walks towards the microphone.

"Yesterday... Two students—" Hound Dog cuts himself off as he starts snarling and growling loudly.

The students stand in stunned silence.

"All right." Vlad King walks towards the microphone again, "As you just heard, there were students fighting last night. I know you're not used to life in the dorms, but let's all be a little more respectful moving forward."

What was Mr. Hound Dog even here for? Kirishima and Kaminari think simultaneously, disbelief clear on their faces.

"Does he forget human speech when he gets angry?" Mineta asks, "There's still so much weird stuff at UA I don't know about."

"Midoriya and Bakugo were doing well, but now they're being treated as problem children." Yaoyorozu sighs worriedly.

"That's it. Back to the classrooms starting with third years." Vlad King orders as the third years start to leave.

"Hey, hey!" A third year with periwinkle hair hits the back of the boy infront of her's back lightly. "Listen to what I heard!"

The large boy with blond hair doesn't seem to mind, listening to the girl speak, "It was a couple of first-years who were fighting. Two boys from Class 1-A! Isn't that a scoop? Hey, do you know them?"

"Really?"

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

"Okay. Starting today we'll resume our regular classes. I know a lot has happened recently, however, you need to switch gears and focus on your school duties. We're lecturing today, but this semester you'll have even harsher training than before." Aizawa explains to the students.

"He can't really mean that, right?" Ashido whispers to Tsuyu worriedly.

"Like to share, Ashido?" Aizawa sends a sharp glare to the girl, activating his quirk

"His icy stare is back!" Ashido shivers fearfully, looking away from the threatening teacher.

"Excuse me, sir. May I ask a question?" Tsuyu raises her hand, "What were those things the principle was talking about during the opening ceremonies? I've never heard the term hero work studies before."

"I know, right?"

"That had me pretty confused, too."

"I also have concerns."

Y/n frowns at the term, it sounding vaguely familiar.

"He said they're something they upperclassmen participate in, correct?" Yaoyorozu inquires.

"I was planning to talk more about those at a later date, but I guess telling you now is more logical." Aizawa sighs before looking over at the class, "To put it simply, it's work outside of the class. Like the internships you did at pro hero agencies before. Only closer to the real thing."

Huh. I've never heard of those... Uraraka thinks to herself before suddenly yelling out—

"Wait, then why did we work so hard at the sports festival?!"

"She has a point. If we have work studies, those who weren't scouted at the sports festival still have career paths." Iida mumbles thoughtfully

"You gotta calm down. You're acting kinda nutso." Sato tells Uraraka, who was sitting in her seat tapping her hands together impatiently.

"This doesn't make sense!" Uraraka declares.

"You'll be using your connections from the festival to secure a work study. It's basic networking. This isn't part of your normal class work. It's discretionary for each student. That means those who weren't scouted at the sports festival will have a hard time lining one up I'm afraid. Originally, individual agencies recruited on their own. But there was lots of competition as people tried to recruit UA students. So this is how things ended up. Good enough, Uraraka?" Aizawa asks the girl who looks down embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, sir..." Uraraka apologizes.

"Now that you have your provisional licenses, you can assist in real ways, for longer periods of time. Until now, there haven't been many first years who've received their licenses. With the increased activity of villains, we're currently exploring the idea that you can participate in work studies as well. We'll explain more about the work study positions and what that program entails at a later date, but for now..." Aizawa trials of for the sake of suspense. "We've got other things to worry about."

"That's all. Sorry to keep you waiting, Mic." Aizawa turns towards the door as it slams open, revealing Mic standing there with a large grin.

"First period is English! I'm other words, it's jam time! Been an age since I stood on this stage. Ya miss me?!"

Aizawa doesn't hesitate as he walks out the room.

"We've got a lot to cover today! Let's get rollin' with it. Ya dig?"

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !