LEVEL 4 - "Not his own Quirk?"

LOGGING ON...

A/N:

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

Izuku gasps, eyes looking up at the man in pure shock, lips slightly parted. "What... What do you mean inherit? Inherit what?"

All Might then bursts out laughing, "You should see your face right now!"

After a few moments, the man then calms down, walking towards the green-haired kid, "Don't worry. I'm not gonna force this thing on you. Listen well, young man. This is your choice. Do you wanna accept my totally awesome power or not!?"

The girl looks at the man with a deadpan.

All Might then continues more calmly, "If you're going to accept my power, there are a couple things you should know about my abilities. Journalists always guess that my quirk is super strength or some kind of invulnerability. When people ask in interviews, I always make a joke and dodge the question."

Oh, she thought he just didn't know his quirk name and was embarrassed about it... oops.

"That's because the world needs to believe that their symbol of peace is just a natural born hero, like any of them. But I'm not. There's nothing natural about my ability." He raises his hands and tilts his head up dramatically.

"I wasn't born with this power. It's a sacred torch that was passed down to me from someone else." He explains as the boy infront of him let's out a gasp. The girl tilts her head, raising an eyebrow.

"Someone gave you this quirk? No way." Midoriya shakes his head in denial.

"Yes way. And you're next." The wind drifts down the street and blows his shirt up to reveal a horrible scar on his stomach. "I can give you my abilities."

"Wait. Hold on, this is a lot to process." Izuku pauses the man's speech as he looks down at the boy, "It's true that there's a lot of debate as to what your quirk actually is. Nobody's ever figure it out: it's one of the worlds greatest mysteries. People are constantly talking about it online. But, well, the idea of passing on a quirk or inheriting it just doesn't make any sense to me. I've never heard anything like that before.. Powers are supposed to be unique to each individual. I mean, since the first quirks, no one's ever been able to just give someone else their power like a present. That's crazy. If this is true, it would cause us to rethink everything we know about quirks to begin with..."

The boy rambles on and on as the other two in the area sweatdrop at the boy.

"Midoriya..." The protangist murmurs with a sigh.

"Uh, sounds like you're overthinking this whole 'inheriting' thing.." All Might deadpans as his eye twitches, "Stop nerdin' out!"

Midoriya gasps, looking up at his idol who continues speaking, "You'll have to adjust your reality and accept this new truth! I can transfer my quirk to someone else. And that's just one facet of my secret abilities!"

He holds his hand out, it glowing a bright white with rainbow colors mixed in, "The true name of my power is One For All."

"One.. For... All..." Izuku repeats as All Mights nods.

Lame name for this supposedly 'epic and super awesome' quirk...

"One person improves the power, and then hands it off to another person. It continues to grow and grow as it's passed along. It is this cultivated power that allows me to save those who are in need of a hero. It's the truth behind my strength." All Might explains as the girl rolls her eyes.

No matter how much he wishes he can, he can't save all those who are in need of a hero...

"But why would you choose to give me a gift like that? What if I can't live up to it...?" Midoriya meekly asks as All Might looks down at the boy.

"I was on a long hunt for a worthy successor. And then, I watched you jump into action as the rest of us stood idly by. You may just be a quirkless fanboy-"

Ouch? Have some sympathy, man...

Was it hypocritical of her to think that? Probably. Did she care? Of course not.

"-But you tried to save that kid. You acted like a hero." Once All Might finished his speech, Midoriya's eyes fill with tears once again.

"Seriously.." All Might rubs the back of his neck, "You gotta stop cryin' so much if you want my quirk. Come on, kid..."

Izuku clenches his fists, looking down at the ground.

The protagonist deadpans at the two dramatic males.

Izuku quickly rubs the tears out of his eyes, looking up at the number 1 hero that stood infront of the boy.

"Okay, I'll do it. Yes!" His eyes were filled with determination as All Might looks back at him.

"No reluctance. That's exactly how I figured you'd respond." All Might grins, nodding in approval.

█▒▒▒▒▒█ ◈ █▒▒▒▒▒█

LOGGING OFF !