A New First Step

Haru: Pokémon are great!

Yuki: And so are friends!

Haru Together as a team!

Yuki: We can shine even more!

Unsion: Pokémon Best Friends, Starting now!

Gary: (Previously on...)

Unison: (Pokémon Best Friends!)

Gary: (Last time, We met a woman named Madeline who dedicates herself to studying at the Slowpoke Temple. Ash, Misty, Brock, And Team Rocket decided to do some training, While the rest of us sat out. After a while, Team Rocket tried to steal the Golden Slowpoke Statue, But after Madeline's Slowpoke evolved into Slowbro, They managed to stop them. As we soon head back out on the road to Blackthorn City.)

With The Trainers

We now see the Trainers and their Pokémon walking about along the road to Blackthorn City, For the six boys' eighth and final gym battle for the Pokémon League.

However... The group stops in surprise seeing a gigantic road block up ahead.

Ash: What is this?

Yuki: Haru, You didn't misread the map did you?

Haru takes out his PokéGear and looks at the map.

Haru: No, This is and only is the way to Blackthorn City.

???: Blackthorn City?

The group looks to see a construction worker coming towards them.

Man: This road is blocked due to major repairs. The bridge that continues on the road to Blackthorn City collapsed during the last storm. It got struck by lightning.

Brock: What are the chances of that happening...?

Misty: How long until the bridge is done?

Man: About... Three weeks.

Silver: What? We can't wait that long.

Ritchie: We gotta get to Blackthorn City.

Gary: Is this the end?

Man: Well you can take another way.

Group: What other way?

Man: There's a monorail station just to the left of me that leads right down to Goldenrod City. You'll find another monorail that'll take you straight to Route 44, Leading to Blackthorn City. The one you want to take to Route 44 doesn't arrive till sunset tomorrow.

Others: Tomorrow?!

Duplica: We don't have much of a choice.

Ethan: Yeah you're right.

Kris: We might as well take the monorail.

Man: You kids better hurry, The monorail leaves soon.

Khoury: Thank you Sir.