Chapter 73 Disaster Relief

"My lord, hangover soup." Wei Dezheng was worried that Shen Baijing would not drink it, so he added, "Zhengjun specially ordered it."

    Sure enough, Shen Baijing took it with a smile and drank it.

    "Did Zhengjun fall asleep?"

    "Already fell asleep."

    Shen Baijing entered the room and took a look, tucked the quilt for Ronghua, kissed Ronghua's forehead lightly, and went out quietly to the study .

    On the way back to Shen Baijing's mansion, the people around Gu Qingxuan sent him a letter saying that Gu Qingxuan would visit the palace tonight.

    At that time, Gu Qingxuan came.

    "Prince Chen's way of visiting is really unique. He doesn't go through the main entrance, but walks through the side door." Shen Baijing joked.

    "My lord." Gu Qingxuan raised his head and looked at Shen Baijing, "Don't come here without any harm."

    By saying "Bear away without any harm", it was an admission of his identity.

    "This king really didn't expect that you are actually the royal family of the Chen Kingdom." Shen Baijing also thought for a long time before he came to his senses. The down-and-out scholar he took in inadvertently was the Prince Chen, the current Crown Prince Chen.

    "I didn't expect that I would be able to go back one day." Gu Qingxuan's eyes were lowered. He was hunted down at the beginning, thinking that he would die, but he didn't expect Shen Baijing to save him. .

    Shen Baijing treated Su Guanfeng well at that time. He was treated like a distinguished guest in terms of food, clothing, housing and transportation, and finally sent him back to the country.

    "My lord's grace for saving his life and his love for taking him in, Qingxuan will never forget, and he will definitely repay him in the future." Gu Qingxuan said seriously, his coming to reveal his identity this time is the beginning of being honest.

    "It's a little effort, don't worry about it." Shen Baijing didn't take Gu Qingxuan in for repayment.

    "I came here this time to marry Dingguo and marry a princess back home. I came here today to ask the prince for advice." Gu Qingxuan didn't know much about Dingguo's harem. He wanted to marry the princess, so naturally I want to marry a gentle and virtuous woman as my wife.

    "Do you want to go back with a famous name or a wife?" Shen Baijing asked himself or understood Gu Qingxuan's character, and he admired it at the beginning, so he didn't mind telling him well.

    "My lord was joking. Naturally, I want to marry a wife and take care of the East Palace." Gu Qingxuan said with a smile.

    "Do you dislike the low status of the princess' birth mother?"

    "No, as long as she has a kind personality." Gu Qingxuan left behind the folks when he was young, and didn't care much about his status.

    "Princess Youning in the palace is beautiful and intelligent, gentle and friendly, which is good, but her biological mother is just a noble person." Shen Baijing said sincerely, "Princess Youning was once favored to be taken care of by the queen, so there is nothing to say about her temperament and upbringing." "Let's

    see Mr. Rong will know, thank you for your advice." Gu Qingxuan cupped his hands and said, "Don't worry, my lord, as long as Chen Guo and I still have the right to speak, soldiers will never commit half a step against the country." "But this is a private promise, and it is only limited to     you Standing in the court of Dingguo, if you do not succeed in the future, the door of Chenguo will always be open for you and Young Master Rong." Gu Qingxuan has always admired Ronghua.     "Okay, it's a deal."     Not surprisingly, Gu Qingxuan will be the next Lord of the Chen Kingdom.     Gu Qingxuan took advantage of the night to return to the post house, Shen Baijing stood at the door of the study, looking at the night sky, the sky was getting colder and colder.     "My lord." Rong Hua sensed Shen Baijing's return in a daze.     "Well, it's me, go to sleep." Shen Baijing softly coaxed Ronghua, and fell asleep with his arms around her.     The next day, Shen Baijing went to court.     "Your Majesty Qizuo, there is a severe drought in the northwest, almost no crops are harvested, and the people are in dire straits. The governor of the northwest asks for relief food to stabilize the people's livelihood." "Who is willing to go to the northwest for disaster relief?"     Rong Sheng thought of such a day since the comet hit the moon. Fortunately, The treasury is plentiful.     "The minister recommends King Yi to go."     "The minister seconded the proposal."     "The minister recommends King Yong to go to the disaster relief."

   "I recommend King Jing to go."

    "I recommend that King Duan go to relieve the disaster, so as to reassure the people."

    "I..."

    "Okay." Rong Sheng interrupted the disagreement among the ministers, "We will discuss this matter later. First, the household department will prepare money and food for disaster relief."

    "Yes, I take orders."

    After the court was over, Rong Yuan went to the imperial study to meet the emperor alone.

    "Father, my son knows that he has made many mistakes and made you unhappy, but this matter concerns the safety of the people. Prince Chen is in Beijing, and Prince Yi is very busy with official duties. It is not appropriate to focus on two tasks. There are many affairs in the cabinet, and the fourth brother can't get away. Erchen is the eldest brother, although his qualifications are shallow, he also wants to share his father's worries." The utter sincerity of Rong Yuan's words moved people.

    Rong Sheng looked at Rong Yuan, this is his eldest son, he originally had high hopes for Rong Yuan, but Rong Yuan repeatedly let him down.

    "Father, I beg Father to give this son a chance to pay off his merits." Rong Yuan kowtowed sincerely.

    "Yuan'er, get up first, I'll think about it later." Rong Sheng rubbed his eyebrows, he was moved in his heart, it's not that he didn't want to give Rong Yuan a chance.

    "Yes, my son is resigning."

    On the way back home, Shen Baijing bought some pastries with new designs.

    "My lord, there is a drought in the northwest, will my father send disaster relief officials?" Rong Hua asked with concern.

    Shen Baijing shook his head, "It's not decided yet, but..."

    "Hmm?" Rong Hua took a piece of pastry and took a bite, "This is delicious."

    "I remember." Shen Baijing saw that Rong Hua's complexion became more and more rosy, I have used it a lot, and I am in a good mood, "However, after retiring from the court, King Duan went to the imperial study."

    Rong Hua thought for a moment, "Father still values ​​King Duan very much, and I think he will not give up easily." "

    But May King Duan put the overall situation first."

    Rong Hua doesn't worry about the fight between Rong Yuan and Rong Li, he doesn't even care if they are even or outnumbered, but he is worried that Rong Yuan will disregard the safety of the people and seek personal gain for himself.

    "Don't think about it so much." Shen Baijing couldn't bear to let Rong Hua frown, "By the way, I found a good marriage for Princess Youning." "

    Huh? What?" Ronghua really has been thinking about Princess Youning's marriage.

    "Princess Chen Guo."

    "Marriage? Is the Crown Prince Chen a good match?" Rong Hua didn't attend the reception banquet, so he didn't meet Gu Qingxuan.

    "You know this Prince Chen, and he appreciates your affection." Shen Baijing said with a smile.

    "I know you? Do you still accept my love?" Rong Hua fell into deep thought, never expecting such a person.

    "You sent him back to Chen Guo yourself." Shen Baijing reminded.

    "Su Guanfeng?" Rong Hua said the name in disbelief.

    Shen Bai nodded.

    "It's really a good marriage, but I don't know that Mr. Mingui is reluctant to marry the princess away." Rong Hua thought for a while and said, "It seems that I will go to the palace tomorrow." Logically speaking, with Mr. Min's status

    , At most, Princess Youning will marry a concubine from an aristocratic family, but if she is married, she will be the crown princess, or even the future queen of Chen Guo, and Mingui can also be honored by mother and daughter, and the biological mother of the princess will definitely elevate her position point.

    "Don't be in a hurry, it's important that you take good care of your illness."

    "I've already recovered."