If nothing else I wanted answers. I wanted him to go over what he started confessing on my wedding day on the balcony, though I could not let Damon know my intentions. I wasn't allowed to go with them to bring Jeremy in. I understood why, but didn't agree.

I had to be smart about this if I wanted to get the information I needed and knew I could get out of him.

The boys had been gone for a few hours now. While they were gone looking for Jeremy I decided that the best way to calm my nerves was to be with Aurora and play with her to distract me and quite frankly because I did not want her to leave my sights at all. Amelia was in the room with me playing with her niece so I wasn't alone in this room. We did some small talk and gushed over how cute my little Rory was but deep down we both knew that I wasn't up for keeping the conversation going but it was nice to have another family member here who wasn't trying to tell me what to do and who was just there even if it meant being sat in silence for a while. I kept looking at my watch, looking at the time passing by, every second, every minute, hour that would go past and where my angst would grow bigger and bigger. I could not sit still but Aurora made me because she needed me there with her.

I stood up and made my way to the kitchen to get myself a drink. I took a small sip letting my mind wander for a moment, watching the remaining of the leaves fall from the trees and get blown away in the wind through the window. My eye caught a shadow walking past at the back of the porch leading to the back of the garden to the left of the rose garden and further along the swimming pool. I knew that further along there was forbidden in a sense as that was where they tend to take people in the 'question'. I followed the shadow, walking from window to window only to realise it was Alex making his way to what they call "the basement". And that's when I knew that the boys had come back from getting Jemery and a nerve in me switched. I slammed my cup down, some spilling over the top with the force of the movement. I ran to the back door, not bothering with putting a coat on and running out after him, all while making sure that he didn't see me. The wind was particularly bitter, the sun was slowly setting, casting a small glow over the garden through the trees while the rest of the garden remained in darkness. I ignored the goose bumps forming on my arms and made it to the hidden door that leads to the basement where I knew for sure they had kept Jeremy all those hours. I didn't know why Damon didn't tell me when they came back.

I didn't have time to dwell on this thought as it had to get through the door before it closed behind Alex. I hid behind a tree that was to the right of the door a couple feet away from the door. Alex input a code to the door, the heavy clonking of the door made itself heard in the otherwise silent garden. He pulled the heavy door open, stepping in. There was my chance. I bolted to the door and just about made it through before it locked behind me. Though I wasn't as sneaky as I thought I was because next thing I know I'm shoved against the wall with a gun to my head.

"Emrys?" Alex asked confused as he realised who was following him. He brought the gun back down and let me go putting the weapon away.

"What the hell dude! I could have killed you." he yelled at me.

I pushed myself off the wall, rubbing my arm in an attempt to keep me warm and hide the fact that my elbow caught the wall on impact.

"Is he here?" I asked, pushing past the fact that I had a gun to my head mere seconds ago.

"You're going to follow me anyways so I might as well show you around." he shrugged it off.

"Just please don't tell Damon that I shoved you against the wall and put a gun to your head. I'll already be in trouble with mum and dad for letting you in, I don't want Damon to kill me." he all but begged, his big blue eyes catching the neon lights of the hallway.

"Fine, I won't." I agreed.

We continued down what felt like the longest corridor in the history of corridors. There were no windows or other source of light other than the strip lights above our heads. It felt even colder than outside, the bare brick walls and the eerie silence resonating in the air sending shivers down my spine.

We took a left and down a shorter corridor this time before we went down a set of stairs which led to a large hall with three doors. Alex stopped at the second one but before he opened it he turned towards me, a sad and hesitant look in his eyes.

"I'll be real with you Ems. It's not pretty down there. Damon had a real go at him and it might come to a bit of a shock to you. We also got one of his mates down there. That one's currently knocked out." he paused, taking in a breath and analysing my face making sure I was ready to hear the rest. "I want you to think this through before you step down there. Is it really worth it? I mean we have the situation handled down there."

My eyes met his sharp blue ones, I was determined to go there even if he didn't want me to. There's nothing I haven't seen before having worked in the medical field, I have seen many ugly sights. A tortured man will be the least of my worries.

"Take me down Alex. I know what I'm doing." I affirmed, as confident as I could make my voice.

Alex hesitated for another moment before opening the door.

"It's down those steps and then you'll be in the room. I'll follow behind as they are expecting me." he gently ushered me in, pulling the door shut after I took the first couple steps down.

My heart was racing, I could feel it beat heavily against my chest. My palms were sweating with nerves as I held onto the bannister, taking it one step at a time, making sure not to trip. My feet on the concrete floor beneath me. The sound resonated in the room. My eyes wide at what was in front of me.

"Alex, you took your sweet time." I heard Damon exclaim, turning around to speak with his brother but was now faced with his wife at the foot of the steps.

His otherwise relaxed, almost playful demeanour changed to an enraged one. He stood taller than I have ever seen him before. His eyes dark, jaw tense as my name slivered past his lips.

"Emrys."

I stood still. What did I get myself into?

____________________________
Hello my lovelies!
Hope everyone is well
It's been a long time coming...
We're almost at the end of Her Damon!
This story has taken me so long to get on paper and you all have been so patient and for that i Thank you all 🤍
Any thoughts? Predictions?
What will happen next? Does Jeremy know anything? What will Emrys do?

Until next time
Xoxo