[ ᴅᴏᴜɢɪᴇ ʙ ]

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘅
𝟲:𝟭𝟮 𝗣𝗠

One more hour left and I can go home to my bed

One more hour left and I can go home to my bed. Today was dragging more than usual. For some reason we had a bunch of white women come in asking for lace fronts today. They always tryna copy something. I watch one of our last clients walk out with a smile on her face. She hands me her paper and I add it to the computer to get the total for her.

"Okay so it's $90 for the install and style" I say making her pull out her phone and put it above the scanner. she presses the button twice paying and looks at me as I give her the receipt.

"Have a good day" I say making her smile as she walks out the store. I drop my smile and go back to doing some shopping on the computer. The door opened and in walks in a client.

"Hi, you have a appointment ?" I ask as I get ready to put her name into the system.

"Yeah. It should be under Yamia" she says as I type her name in.

"Okay, Lana just finished with a client so she should be right out for you" I say making her nod. She goes and sits on a chair in our waiting area. I look out the store window to see a familiar car parking in front of the store.

"Yamia here yet ?" I hear Lana ask as she walks out from the back. I point to her as she stands up and follows Lana to the back.

I look back outside and see Dougie walking out his car with a smile on his face. I met Dougie last week at a party and he's been trying to get with me since then. I'm not gonna lie he has been applying some pressure but I'm not gonna give in just yet. I hide my smile as he walks in and goes to the front desk.

"Wassup mama" he says as he leans on the desk with his arms while looking down at me.

"Hi Douglas. You here to get your hair done ?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"I'll only let you touch my hair. You know I'm here to see you ma. Stop playing" he says with his dumb smirk.

"I'm working Douglas" I say as I roll my eyes at him with a annoyed look.

"And I bet you're tired so let me take you out after you done with work" he says making me smile a bit. I look down trying to gather myself before looking back up.

"What you thinking  ?" I ask making him smile.

"Let's go out for dinner. Whatever you want. We can get some fancy shit and act boujee for the night or some chill shit in our sweats" he says making me smile at him.

"No studio today ?" I ask making him shake his head.

"I cleared out my whole day for you my heart." he says with a smile. I smile too and look away from him.

I stay in silence for a bit just to make him more anxious because I think it's cute to see him like this.

" I get out in half a hour. You find a good restaurant then I'll go home and change for our date. If you don't find one I'm going straight home" I say lying. I know no matter what he picks I'm going to go with him. He simply just nods with a smile.

"Ight I'll wait for you in the car baby" he says making me shake my head.

"My names Y/n, Douglas" I say while rolling my eyes at him.

"I know that my heart" he says with a smirk.

"I'll see you in a bit. Get out of here before I change my mind" I say as I hear someone walking towards us.

"See you in a bit bae" he says as he turns and walks away with a smirk on his face. I smile to myself as Tiana, a client walks out from the back.

"Who was that ?" she ask with a smile as she looks at Dougie as he walks back into his car.

"A friend" I simply says.

"Right, well this friend of yours is giving you some loving eyes right now" she says with a smile making me suck my teeth.

"Don't you have a install to pay for ?" I ask making her laugh.

"Here girl" she says as she gives me her paper. I look at Dougie one more time to see him smiling at me making me shake my head. I get out of
my thoughts before getting Tiana's total.

 I get out ofmy thoughts before getting Tiana's total

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩. 𝙞'𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙞 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚

- 𝙭𝙤𝙭𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙢𝙢𝙮𝙮𝙮
𝟳𝟴𝟯 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀