Chapter 82 Receiving season 【Catch the bug】

return

Doomsday Grain

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 82 Receiving season 【Catch the bug】

    There is still one month before the autumn harvest, and the fish in the ground can be fished up in half a month. Otherwise, when the reservoir is closed, the fish in the ground will die without water.

    Some people can't help but start harvesting early. In addition to being anxious to eat fish, the more fearful thing is that someone will hide pesticides and secretly use them. There are already several houses that have no fish to eat. Instead of not having any fish left, it is better to catch the smaller ones. At worst, you will eat two bites of meat.

    Except for those families that raise a lot of fish, those who only raise one or two hundred crucian carp are reluctant to sell any of them. They take them home and save a few for the next few days to satisfy their cravings. The rest are marinated and dried in the sun. Dried fish. As long as it is stored properly, it will be fine for a few years.

    After a while, it will be time for busy farming. These fish can provide more calories, and people will have more energy to work by then.

    Then those who did not raise fish will naturally regret it at this time. Even if there is a risk of being poisoned to death by someone, the loss can be up to ten catties or twenty catties of grain, and the family's rations for two or three days can be harvested in the hundreds of four or five taels of crucian carp.

    In this way, seeing the fish farmers harvesting in full swing, everyone else came to Lin Qian's house to order fish fry.

    Lin Qian worked diligently to feed the fish at home every day, and he would rely on them to thrive in the coming year.

    Those who raise a lot of crucian carp keep 200 of them for their own food, so they can eat one carp every two days, which is enough for many days. Even if the chickens at home cannot be kept alive in winter, they are not afraid of running out of oil and water.

    As for the rest, all of them wrote "selling fish" at the door, and after discussing the price with each other, they only sold five catties of grain for one catty of fish, and the sales volume was also very good. Some people who bought fish went out to visit relatives with the fish. The news of the fish in this village spread far and wide. Every day, many people from other villages came to buy fish. The business should not be too hot.

    The period before the harvest is when the famine is at its worst. The weather here is good, although the weather is not smooth, but there is still a harvest anyway.

    But in most parts of the country, the grain that can be harvested is still poor.

    Especially in places where there are not many rivers, the government prohibits the pumping of groundwater to irrigate the land for fear of ground subsidence due to excessive use of groundwater. Except for a few desperate ones, most people can only watch large tracts of crops wither in the field.

    To the north of the Yangtze River is a large area of ​​drought, but to the south of the Yangtze River, not only has to bear large-scale precipitation throughout the year, resulting in droughts and floods, but also has a cold winter of more than 20 degrees below zero.