Chapter 67 In the village 【Catch the bug】

return

Doomsday Grain

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 67 In the village 【Catch the bug】

    Such cold weather has never been encountered before, and a number of people in the village died of illness due to unbearable freezing. In the past, there were about 2,000 people in the whole village including those who were away all year round. Now there are dozens of people who have disappeared outside, and the rest are only five or six hundred people who are still alive.

    The village head will record whoever has lost their households. Walking down one street, three or four of the ten families are empty, and the depression is tight.

    Lin Qian's life at home was the best. The first floor is cold, but that's good for the second floor, compared to other houses in the village.

    The other people’s houses burned the kang very hot, and then the whole family nestled on the kang to keep warm. Basically, there was no heat when they got off the kang, and they had to wear cotton jackets to keep out the cold. This is the case indoors, and no one wants to go outdoors.

    The pure leather clothes of the village head were passed down to him by his father, who used to be a hunter, but unfortunately the use of shotguns was banned and was confiscated. However, the leather was still kept, and some clothes were made.

    I used to have the money to buy new and nice padded jackets, but these were kept at the bottom of my suitcase. Now there is nothing better than leather to keep out the cold. Now I wear a small padded jacket, a leather jacket, a leather hat, and leather boots. Even if it’s minus seventy degrees and I walk outside for a while, it’s not too cold.

    Lin Qian watched the village chief approach, and poured him a bowl of ginger soup to warm him up first.

    "This is the first time I have encountered such a cold day, and I'm afraid Antarctica is not so cold." The ginger soup was still hot, and the village chief covered his hands with his gloves against the bowl, and said, "Many people died of freezing this year. To be honest, I have been to so many houses, and your house is the warmest. Most of them are nested on the kang, and some people simply dig a hole in the ground to connect to the kang, and smoke along the chimney to light the fire. When you get up, the floor and the kang are both hot, so you can still walk around in the house."

    Lin Qian remembered that Uncle Liu's house next door was like this, a hole was dug in the kitchen, and the floor of the bedroom was heated, so that the floor of the house was like this. It's okay to walk barefoot, so the little raindrops will run all over the ground.

    "Smartness is forced by the environment. We all know that this year is cold, but how can we expect that this year will be so much colder than last year. My house can't afford to heat up the greenhouse now, and all the animals are driven into one greenhouse, so one greenhouse can be lit, and the others will stop. I don't know when the temperature will rise, let alone continue to drop the temperature, it will be unbearable if the temperature lasts for a month." Lin Qian is also helpless, but he is not worried at home, no matter how the temperature drops, the greenhouse will be able to Guaranteed to be ten degrees up.

    Under normal circumstances, these animals in the family can not freeze to death at a temperature of about twenty degrees below zero, because they either have enough fat or thick fur. Chickens, ducks and geese have rich feathers and can huddle together for warmth, so there is no need to worry. As for plants, as long as there are enough seeds left, it will not be too late to plant them in the coming year when the weather turns warmer.