Chapter 69 The Dramatist【Catch the bug】

return

Doomsday Grain

traditional

set up

turn off the lights

Big

middle

Small

Chapter 69 The Dramatist【Catch the bug】

    No matter how extreme the weather is, life still has to be lived. It is gratifying that the temperature has finally stopped dropping. The temperature is stable between minus 70 and 80 degrees, and the temperature difference between day and night is about ten degrees, which is not bad.

    The government came down with military trucks twice to investigate the situation in the village. Heavy-duty trucks can barely operate in such an extreme environment, and when they turn off occasionally, they carry a team of soldiers warming up with them, and they can still travel in such an extreme environment.

    Lin Qian handed over the last batch of fresh vegetables to the soldiers and exchanged them for some compressed biscuits.

    Tidy up the greenhouse again. I tried to stop the heating in the greenhouse with the swimming pool, but I still couldn't bear to look at the frozen swimming pool surface. Although crucian carp can survive the winter, they are usually kept in deep fish ponds or reservoirs. If they are directly frozen, Lin Qian can't guarantee whether they can survive.

    Besides, there is no shortage of fuel at home, and some extra fuel is used in the greenhouse of the swimming pool. Grandpa was reluctant to waste it, and planted some cold-resistant millet on the ground around the swimming pool. Now apart from the ones in the building, only two greenhouses are still burning. There is only a fire in the swimming pool, while there are heating lamps in the greenhouse on the livestock side, which are kept on day and night to ensure that the temperature is above zero degrees.

    Because there were not so many greenhouse plants to take care of, Lin Qian and his daily life became more leisurely. Feed the livestock every morning, noon and night, go to the swimming pool once every two or three days to filter the water in it, and occasionally play poker with grandpa, and spend the rest of the time looking for things to pass the time.

    A few days after Lin Qian's chic life, he was interrupted by a phone call from his mother.

    One day, a family of three was sitting in the living room on the first floor, eating melon seeds and watching a variety show before the end of the world to pass the time. It happened that there was a funny point and the whole family laughed vigorously. The long-lost phone ringing broke the warmth.

    It took Lin Qian a long time to find the satellite phone. This phone is usually not used, and there are only a few people who know the phone number of this phone.

    Lin Qian picked it up to look at the caller ID, it was his mother. When there was a large-scale power outage before, Lin Qian sent his mother a satellite phone in order to let her have someone to contact in case of emergency.

    Nowadays, in the extremely cold weather, except for some cities, most areas have stopped power supply. Without electricity, mobile phones are generally bricks, and basically no one uses them.

    Before the power outage, the mother and son could talk on the phone once a week, but after the power outage, there was basically no contact. Battery power is precious. Lin Qian's mother usually turns off the satellite phone, and only turns it on to make calls when there is something to do.